MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Problems opening old Media 100i programs with Media 100 Version

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryon MiddletonProblems opening old Media 100i programs with Media 100 Version
by on Dec 23, 2008 at 5:21:12 pm

I am trying to access some TV spots that were created by my predecessor about 4 years or so ago.
They were edited in Media 100I v. 8.3.2 - I am currently running Media 100 v. 12.1.1.

All the media and parts are available to me. I am able to open the bins and programs and everything is good, but when i try to play i get an error: "Could not play because of bad video frame." I can see the frame on my monitor, but can play the program. I can export it as a movie, but it is terrible stroby and missing frames.

Am i overlooking something simple? Project settings or preferences? Size or some rate? If so how can i find the correct settings to use? Or is my original source just toast?

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Problems opening old Media 100i programs with Media 100 Version
by on Dec 23, 2008 at 5:29:46 pm

This sounds as you have been catched by the QuickTime 7.5.5 bug. You should check if you are running QuickTime 7.5.5 on your system. If yes, you need to downgrade to QuickTime 7.5 (search this forum for instructions on how to downgrade). QuickTime 7.5.5 unfortunately broke the MJPEG B Codec and with that the Media 100 i codec. Either you have to downgrade, or to wait for an updated version of QuickTime with a fix to this problem.

Return to posts index

Lisandro PuzzoloRe: Problems opening old Media 100i programs with Media 100 Version
by on Jan 5, 2009 at 9:45:33 pm

The "bad video frame" issue was why we stopped using Media100 5 years ago...
But now I would like to edit some old Media100 material on PC, and I can't find the PC codecs.. Would you please send it to me?
Thanks in advance!
Lisandro

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Problems opening old Media 100i programs with Media 100 Version
by on Jan 5, 2009 at 10:01:00 pm

[Lisandro Puzzolo] "The "bad video frame" issue was why we stopped using Media100 5 years ago... "

This has nothing to do with the current issue (Apple broke the MJPEG B Codec in QuickTime 7.5.5).

[Lisandro Puzzolo] "But now I would like to edit some old Media100 material on PC, and I can't find the PC codecs.. Would you please send it to me? "

Have a look at the Media 100 FTP server.
Most likely you will find the iFinish Transcoder in the iFinish folder. Not sure if it works with a recent QuickTime/PC version

Return to posts index

Lisandro PuzzoloRe: Problems opening old Media 100i programs with Media 100 Version
by on Jan 6, 2009 at 5:31:58 pm

Thank you very much! I figured out lastnight it could be on the ftp server. :)

I'm sorry, I didn't know there was another new cause for the bad video frame... it drove us crazy many years ago, and made us spend a LOT (really, LOT) of money.

Thank you very much for your response!

Return to posts index

Bryon MiddletonRe: Problems opening old Media 100i programs with Media 100 Version
by on Jan 5, 2009 at 9:50:29 pm

i forgot to say thanks floh...worked like a charm.

Bryon Middleton
Director of A/V Services
Media One Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]