MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

G4/M100i XS Lossless 8.2.3a/QT 7.5

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Strasser
G4/M100i XS Lossless 8.2.3a/QT 7.5
on Dec 10, 2008 at 4:08:11 am

I'm using, and have been for almost since it's inception, Media 100 along with Boris Red. Very recently I've experienced a problem in that when I import a clip to a bin, I get no image, only a solid pink poster. In talking to the Boris/M100 people it was suggested that problem was due to the effect of having Tiger 10.4.11, 100v 8.2.3a, and Quicktime 7.5.5. In reading through many entries here in the Forum I followed the recommendations to remove the receipts for QT 7.5 and 7.55. I purchased Pacifist and followed their installation instructions and, among other things, downloaded QT7.5 from apple. Well, I got through with all of that, installed QT 7.5, and restarted my G4 and I still have the same problem! Even opened a new program, digitized some new footage, but only pink posters; no picture. Even tried to reset the poster picture according to the procedure in the manual, but nothing seems to change the pink poster problem. I have also had some other problems when I tried to export video - which I thought might be due to less than excellent footage but which may be due to the quicktime problem. Haven't rechecked that.

I've tried all that I have read so far in the Forum, unless I missed something along the way?

Anyone have any ideas?

Ben

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: G4/M100i XS Lossless 8.2.3a/QT 7.5
on Dec 10, 2008 at 7:23:05 am

Ben,

some users have reported problems with the QuickTime 7.5.5 to 7.5 downgrade under OS X 10.4.11. I only did it on 10.5.x, where it worked as expected. I am not sure if what you are seeing is part of the 10.4.11 downgrade problem. One thing you should make sure, though, is that you downloaded the correct QuickTime 7.5 version for your OS. There is one for 10.4.11 and one for 10.5.x
If you still get these pink frames, I would suggest trying the QuickTime downgrade again by carefully following this post.

Return to posts index

Ben Strasser
on Dec 10, 2008 at 7:32:09 am

Hi Floh.

Thanks for your comments. Actually the post to which you referred was the one I was following, though you mentioned something I missed; that I downloaded the correct version for my OS. Of course another possibility is that I screwed up someplace along the way. I noted, for example, that when I inadvertently clicked on the updater, after I had removed the "packages", it would not let me upload saying that (despite the fact I believed I had deleted QT 7.5.5.) I already had a later version installed??? I'll just try it again to see if I can get it right this time.

Thanks again for taking your time to respond.

Ben Strasser

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Dec 10, 2008 at 7:49:36 am

[Ben Strasser] "it would not let me upload saying that (despite the fact I believed I had deleted QT 7.5.5.) I already had a later version installed???"

Yeah, that´s why you need Pacifist.

Return to posts index

Ben Strasser
on Dec 10, 2008 at 7:59:24 am

Right Floh. I am now a downloaded owner of Pacifist.

Thanks,
BBBBBBBBBBBen.

Return to posts index

Ben Strasser
on Dec 12, 2008 at 4:08:08 am

Just an update re my problem with pink slides in the 100i xs bin plus problems I also had when trying to export to QT to use Inobits. In rereading all of the posts re M100i I read one (can't remember the source bit I think it was someone from Boris?) who told someone who had just purchased an (old) copy of 100i that they should go back to Quick Time 7.3.1. Following earlier procedures recommended I dumped 7.5.5 and 7.5 and, using Pacifist, went back to quicktime 731_TIGER version. WHOOPIE, ALL IS WELL AGAIN. Have frame from clips in bins and the task of downloading to quicktime WORKS without incident. MY SINCERE THANKS TO FLOH AND OTHERS WHO POSTED RESPONSES TO SIMILAR PROBLEMS IN CREATIVE COW.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]