AFter Effects CS3. Media100 HD AJA Kona 3 HW. 9 GB RAM.
OSX 10.5.5 QUICKTIME 7.5.5
I am having a problem that has popped up intermittently in the past (Since CS3 was released)...PREVIOUSLY I thought it was me or the system install....now I know better (fresh install). I definitely have a problem.
Footage captured currently and previously into the Media100HD codec is giving me fits in AE CS3.
I have enabled/disabled multiprocessing and Griiron Nucleo...my suspected culprits. No affect. (It looked like a werid cache issue...but cleaning database and purging caches has no effect.)
SYMPTOMS: upon preview and render any footage captured in the Media100HD codec displays several frames (100-300 frames) correctly....in order...then randomly "jumps backwards" for a frame or ...then corrects. Temporal audio sync is never lost...and there is NO audio glitch associated with the video "jump".
- This happens on previews AND renders in AE.
- This happens with footage brought in by XML import or FILE-DRAG import.
- The footage plays/looks fine in the Media100 Application.
- My drives are plenty fast (10 drive SCSI u320 RAID 0... speed= >500MB/s).
- It only seems to be for footage that uses the Media100HD codec.
- This happens with footage captured via our Kona 3 or HDx systems. Media100 codec is the common element.
I have tried the whole 29.970/30 fps shuffling on the AECS3 project files...no affect.
My only solution so far has been to redigitize into ProResHQ.