MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Conforming HD to DV Problems

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael SloweConforming HD to DV Problems
by on Nov 30, 2008 at 7:53:27 pm

I am currently working with version 12.1.2 on a Mac G5 (pre Intel) and the HDx board.

I usually have no trouble conforming HD to DV but this time have a long programme of 80 minutes. I did the conform down to Motion JPEG B (took 16 hours!) but when I started to render all the mixes, colour changes etc some of the clips began to disappear. I replaced them and re conformed the clip and moved on and then it went on happening. The timeline is quite complicated at times and I got really fed up trying to re construct all the time, having to constantly refer to the original cut in HD.

I would like to complete this but finally resorted to doing the downscale in BitVice and the DVD is very good. But I would like a tape master in DVCAM and anyway Media 100 downscales are usually better than those in BitVice. Anyone had this problem? I have met it previously but not to this extent. I am rendering in the same codec as the downscale (Motion JPEG B) so it should work just fine. I have plenty of RAM and space on the externals, can anyone think what I may be doing wrong? Is it just the rather long programme?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved