MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Simple Capturing issue

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aryn Leigh
Simple Capturing issue
on Nov 23, 2008 at 8:47:45 pm

I am trying to capture HD footage on my Media100 producer suite (I haven't used Media100 in a million years) I am capturing straight off of my Sony HVR-V1U camera.

My problem is that, although my system is recognizing that the camera is connected, I am getting no picture signal. Every time I click on the "Play" button, the "Stop" button automatically highlights, and there is no response from the deck.

Here are the settings:

1. in File>Project Settings>Codecs:
Both in the SD and HD setting: Media100HD

2. In File>Preferences>Video Output:
The "Source standard" and "Media standard" are both set to 525i 29.97 (I am not getting the option to capture in 1080i)

Although I have this problem, I can still capture without a problem all SD footage.

Any solutions?

Thanks,

AL

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Simple Capturing issue
on Nov 24, 2008 at 6:56:05 am

You want to capture HDV from your Camera via FireWire? Then you should make sure that you have set your Video Input (In Preferences) to HD FireWire HDV, and that your camera is actually outputting HDV and not DV downconverted from HDV.
What framerate did you shoot? You also have to match your framerate in the Video Input Preference

Return to posts index

Aryn Leigh
on Nov 24, 2008 at 5:59:24 pm

Hmm, I believe video input is set to HDV firewire, the output is set to Media100 HD, and I was shooting at both 1080i interlaced and 24p. (Since I don't have my system up at the moment), where is the option to change the capture setting to HDV firewire?

No dice... I wasn't even given the option to change the frame rate, I only got the option to set to 525i.

Sorry, that didn't clarify anything, but I will try to fix the firewire setting if it is indeed the problem.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Nov 24, 2008 at 6:02:23 pm

[Aryn Leigh] "where is the option to change the capture setting to HDV firewire? "

Under Preferences->Video Input->Source In, and Preferences->Video Input->Source Standard

Return to posts index

Aryn Leigh
on Nov 26, 2008 at 4:32:43 am

Yes. So I tried changing the settings in the "Preferences" drop-down as suggested, I am not given the option to choose "HDV Firewire". My only accessible options are "SD firewire" and "None". There are other options there, but they are all grayed-out, including HD component, and HD serial digital.

As far as the "source standard" menu is concerned, my only options are standard def (525i etc).. all options for 1080i 29.97 and 1080psf 24...etc. are grayed out as well.

Here are my system settings:

Macbook pro, Intel core, 2.33 GHz, 2 gigs of RAM.
The version of M100 producer is 12.0.2

I'm sure it's something simple that I overlooked, but thank you for your time anyhow.

-AL

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Nov 26, 2008 at 7:04:12 am

[Aryn Leigh] "I'm sure it's something simple that I overlooked, but thank you for your time anyhow. "

Yes, a very simple thing: FireWire HDV support was introduced in V12.5, and as you wrote your version of Producer is 12.0.2. This means you need to upgrade to use HDV over FireWire.

Return to posts index

John Meece
on Nov 13, 2012 at 4:15:43 pm

I'm having the same problem with Media100 Suite v2.1.
Only SD inputs & standards can be selected.
Any suggestions?
John

Return to posts index

John Meece
on Nov 13, 2012 at 6:06:35 pm

Just spoke with John in Boris support. He suggested that I update my 'AppleHDVCodec.component' (v.1) located in the Quicktime folder in the OS library to v.2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]