MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

problems exporting xml media100 for After Effects

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sander Hegeman
problems exporting xml media100 for After Effects
on Nov 12, 2008 at 12:28:11 pm

Hello,

I got a problem with my xml export for after effects.

When I use the timeline A and B from my master timeline, After Effects does'nt recognize the B timeline. It only reads the A timeline, so i got a half edit in After Effects;)

does somebody knows how to fix this problem?

I use Media100 v13 and After Effects CS3

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: problems exporting xml media100 for After Effects
on Nov 12, 2008 at 1:29:38 pm

First, did you install the newest AE Importer plugin? Copy the AE_XML_Project_Importer.bundle from your Media 100->Adobe AfterEffects Plugin folder into Adobe AfterEffects CS3->PlugIns->Format, and replace the older copy that may be there.

Second, there is a bug that in some cases does not export the XMLs correctly. One thing you can try (in case it does work on your timeline) is to move your clips to Va, or to extend your outgoing clip on Va into the incoming clip on Vb. As far as I know this is something that is very likely to get fixed in an upcoming version of Media 100.

Return to posts index

Sander Hegeman
on Nov 12, 2008 at 1:43:00 pm

Ok thanks. I did Copy the AE_XML_Project_Importer.bundle but it doesnt work either.. I moved the whole edit to timeline v1 and v2.. its not the easiest way, but its the only way it works good..
thanks for the quick post!

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
on Nov 13, 2008 at 12:07:10 am

Yeah, well... Floh was quick on that one 'cause he's the one that found the bug for us. It's actually a bug that's been lurking in the code for some time now. Strange how something can be out there like that for a while and then, all of a sudden, a bunch of people stumble onto it at the same time.

A permanent fix for it should be rolled into an update sometime soon.

~Wick

Return to posts index

joyce woodworth
on Nov 15, 2008 at 6:01:07 am

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]