MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Producer - embedded framework

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary MilliganProducer - embedded framework
by on Nov 11, 2008 at 9:24:17 pm

Hi All,

It's been a few months since I used Producer v12.1.3 on my laptop and I think I got caught with the OS 10.5.5 /QT 7.5.5 upgrade issue. When I tried to launch Media 100 I got an error message regarding "... failure to load the embedded framework..." I re-installed OS 10.5 and reverted to QT 7.5 using Pacifist. Still unable to load. I'm prepared to re-install Producer but I see on their website there is no v12.1.3 download, only 12.0.2. Thanks in advance to anyone with suggestions as to how I can fix this.

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Producer - embedded framework
by on Nov 12, 2008 at 11:55:08 am

I am not sure if V12.1.3 does run on 10.5.5, never tried it. But this could be the cause of your problem. Also, I think it would be a good idea to have a folder on Media 100s FTP server where old versions are stored, in case somebody needs to reinstall an older copy of Media 100 Producer or Suite. Maybe Wick can do something like this…

Return to posts index

Gary MilliganRe: Producer - embedded framework
by on Nov 12, 2008 at 5:08:21 pm

Thanks Floh. I'm currently running OS 10.5.5 (and have been since it came out) with my HDe system. I got caught there with the QT upgrade as well but used Pacifist as per your instructions to revert to 7.5. I left the OS at 10.5.5 though and all seems to be good (touch wood). I usually keep the downloaded .dmg files for the versions I purchase but somehow slipped up with that version of Producer on my laptop. I'm leaning towards upgrading to v13 very soon anyway (for HDe) and I just may do so for Producer as well, making my problem moot. Thanks for your reply... and good suggestion regarding an "Older Versions" link on Media 100's site. Wick?...

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]