MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Jaggies

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Ciupik
Jaggies
on Nov 6, 2008 at 8:05:31 pm

Why does a psd file imported into M100HD look anti-aliased? I've imported through Boris and it looks fine on pvw window. When I get to M100 monitor, it look anti aliased.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Jaggies
on Nov 6, 2008 at 9:55:21 pm

[Joe Ciupik] "When I get to M100 monitor, it look anti aliased."

I think what you are seeing is not anti-aliasing but a frame/field difference. When you are in Boris you get a full-frame preview to your hardware output. When you are inside Media 100, you can choose to display the first field, the second field or the full frame. Most likely your system is set to display the first field only in stop mode to avoid the full-frame flickering you get on interlaced material. You can either change it via the menu or by using the CMD-ALT-1/CMD-ALT-2/CMD-ALT-0 shortcuts for displaying first/second field and full frame. Try CMD-ALT-0 to see if your file looks fine in a Media 100 timeline.

Return to posts index

Joe Ciupik
on Nov 8, 2008 at 11:43:27 pm

Nope that isn't it. Any other ideas?

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
on Nov 10, 2008 at 2:48:32 pm

Hey Joe,

You describe bringing the file in via Boris...

What if you import it directly to a Bin in Media 100 and then put it over some video in the Program?

How's that look?

~Wick

Return to posts index

Joe Ciupik
on Nov 10, 2008 at 4:16:51 pm

I have tried a direct import. Same issue. I've tried it as a psd, jpg, & pict. It looks horrible. I have attached a still. It looks great in Photoshop and Boris but "jagged" in Media100 HD. I have version 12.6.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Nov 10, 2008 at 4:21:55 pm

Joe,

unfortunately the still is missing. It would be good if you could post it somewhere so that we can get an idea about what the problem could be.

Floh

Return to posts index

Joe Ciupik
on Nov 10, 2008 at 4:24:42 pm

Sorry. Forgot to do the embed. Here it is.

Return to posts index

Joe Ciupik
on Nov 10, 2008 at 4:31:51 pm

AHHH. Why does it look fine here and not within Media 100?

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Nov 10, 2008 at 4:35:26 pm

I was wondering what kind of problem you were seeing. But I imported it, and it only looks bad if it is on a single-field display for me. If you switch to full frame view (Tools->Stop Mode->Display both fields) it looks fine on my CRT.

Return to posts index

Joe Ciupik
on Nov 10, 2008 at 4:50:55 pm

I can't explain it or show it without you being here. It ONLY looks jaggie in M100. When I export the file and play it back in QT it looks fine. Guess I'll just live with it as long as the results are what the intention is. Thanks for your help!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]