MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

QuickTime 7.5 - Collateral damage from downgrading?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis DeanQuickTime 7.5 - Collateral damage from downgrading?
by on Nov 5, 2008 at 8:50:07 pm

I, too, had to downgrade from QT 7.5.5 to 7.5 - last week. Now an annoying Finder issue: Every few seconds, the finder blanks out, and all folders close. Applications freeze momentarily but seem unaffected. This is extremely annoying, and counter productive. Has anyone noticed this - either following a 7.5 downgrade or for any other reason?

I'm running OS 10.4.11 - all system software up to date except for QT, of course.

This does NOT happen under Safe Boot. It did not start until I followed the procedure for downgrading using Pacifist.

Any thoughts appreciated -
thanks!

Dennis Dean
The Dean Group
-It's about results-
http://www.deangroup.com

Return to posts index

olof ekberghRe: QuickTime 7.5 - Collateral damage from downgrading?
by on Nov 5, 2008 at 9:54:49 pm

Do you have flip for mac or an other extra QT codecs installed?

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Todd BunnellRe: QuickTime 7.5 - Collateral damage from downgrading?
by on Nov 10, 2008 at 5:30:30 pm

Hello Olof (and Dennis),

Yes, I have other QT plug-ins installed namely the Flip 4 Mac WMV conversion plug-in. Since downgrading from QT 7.5.5 to WT 7.5, I too have experienced problems with the Media 100. Either it says, "bad video frame" when I play the video in the Media100 window, or I have problems exporting a QuickTime movie without dropped or "black" frames. Any ideas what to do about this problem? Thanks for your help.

Todd Bunnell
Media 100 version 11.5.1

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: QuickTime 7.5 - Collateral damage from downgrading?
by on Nov 10, 2008 at 5:48:21 pm

[Todd Bunnell] "Yes, I have other QT plug-ins installed namely the Flip 4 Mac WMV conversion plug-in. Since downgrading from QT 7.5.5 to WT 7.5, I too have experienced problems with the Media 100. Either it says, "bad video frame" when I play the video in the Media100 window, or I have problems exporting a QuickTime movie without dropped or "black" frames. Any ideas what to do about this problem? Thanks for your help.
"

Sounds like your downgrade did not work correctly. I would suggest trying it again. The "bad video frame" message comes from QuickTime 7.5.5

Return to posts index

Todd BunnellRe: QuickTime 7.5 - Collateral damage from downgrading?
by on Nov 10, 2008 at 7:09:09 pm

Hello Floh,

I have downgraded my QT about two weeks ago, and since then no problems until today. After reading further posts in this thread, I too have experienced the same problems with my finder crashing.

I have not experienced any problems until I tried to export a QT movie from the Edit Suite, and changed the color space from 16-235 to 0-255, so that I would be able to make a DVD in DVD Studio Pro. The resulting QT movie has missing video frames, and my computer has crashed twice --> monitor goes gray, and I receive doomed "charcoal colored error message" which freezes the computer, and I have to manually turn off the computer.

At first I thought perhaps it could be to the new RAM I have installed 3 weeks ago, but why would it all of the sudden start to crash?

I believe I am experiencing much of the same symptoms that Dennis is writing about. Thanks for your feedback.

Todd Bunnell

Return to posts index

Dennis DeanRe: QuickTime 7.5 - Collateral damage from downgrading?
by on Nov 10, 2008 at 8:18:59 pm

My problems certainly not that serious - just the Freezing Finder issue...

Dennis Dean
The Dean Group
-It's about results-

Return to posts index

by on Nov 10, 2008 at 8:58:07 pm

Is anyone else getting Finder Freezes after downgrading to QT 7.5 from 7.5.5 ??

I'm considering re-installing the OS to see what happens. -

Dennis Dean
The Dean Group
-It's about results-

Return to posts index

by on Nov 10, 2008 at 6:11:21 pm

I have Flip4Mac installed - my problem is the sudden freezing or shutdown of the finder - which closes all open folders - (very annoying and counterproductive.) Anyone have this issue? I'm thinking it might be a result of my QT 7.5.5 to 7.5 downgrade.... the only system-based thing that's happened since this finder issue began.

Dennis Dean
The Dean Group
-It's about results-

Return to posts index

Twann HudsonRe: QuickTime 7.5 - Collateral damage from downgrading?
by on Nov 11, 2008 at 12:11:59 am

I had problems with Qt 7.4-7.5- I used the pacifier to reinstall QT 7.3 . It work fine that i know of but i did not feel comfortable with the other apps i was having problems with , and i believe because these quicktime updates are just for itunes i reformatted my mac. I am on QT 7.1.2 and i don't use itunes and every app i have is happy from FCS to CS3 Master.

hope this helps

the real fun begins when the program loads
running FCS & CS3 MS side by side on the Mac

Return to posts index

by on Nov 11, 2008 at 12:24:56 pm

Thanks, Twann - Can you post the directions for getting back to 7.3 using Pacifier? I've only used Pacifier once (to get back to 7.5 from 7.5.5) and I'm not sure of what steps I should take to go back farther. I'm sure it would help others who also have the Finder Freeze issue. Hopefully it will help me.
thanks
Dennis

Dennis Dean
The Dean Group
-It's about results-

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]