MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100i Quick Time compatibility

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul JahnMedia 100i Quick Time compatibility
by on Nov 5, 2008 at 4:57:45 pm

I have attempted to import and run some old Media 100i (ver. 9.2) digitized files into a Media100 HD system. The bins the and the programs all import fine. Titles or graphic files play fine but none of the digitized video will read. The system gives an error: can not read file - bad video frame at (time code here). Is this an incompatibility with the most recent version of Quicktime? The files will open and play in quicktime itself or run on the old Media100i system. Is there a work around or Codec to import that can deal with this issue?

Thanks,
Paul

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Media 100i Quick Time compatibility
by on Nov 5, 2008 at 5:46:36 pm

QuickTime 7.5.5 is currently not compatible with Media 100 i codec files. You need to downgrade to 7.5. Search for 7.5 in this forum

Return to posts index

Dennis DeanRe: Media 100i Quick Time compatibility
by on Nov 15, 2008 at 5:30:37 pm

Floh (or any one else) - Have you heard of anyone having difficulty with their finder blanking out momentarily after downgrading from 7.5.5 to 7.5 ? I did the downgrade 2 weeks ago (Apple - thanks for such a great UPgrade) and about that time my folders started suddenly closing. I noticed the Finder was also blanking out at the same time - (eg., the desktop just went flat blue for a moment, then back to normal except for the folders.) Since I'm a folder kind of person, this has become very annoying.

Today I reinstalled the software and am about to upgrade from OS 10.4 to OS 10.4.11 to get some other software working - and I suspect I may have to go backwards again to 7.5.5.

I'm just hoping the backwards move wasn't what started this in the first place.

Thanks!

Dennis Dean
The Dean Group
-It's about results-
http://www.deangroup.com

Return to posts index

by on Nov 15, 2008 at 6:12:55 pm

[Dennis Dean] "Today I reinstalled the software and am about to upgrade from OS 10.4 to OS 10.4.11 to get some other software working - and I suspect I may have to go backwards again to 7.5.5. "

You should not update to 7.5.5 in the first place. There is a standalone installer for QuickTime 7.5, so you simply should avoid the 7.5.5 update when reinstalling and updating.

[Dennis Dean] "Have you heard of anyone having difficulty with their finder blanking out momentarily after downgrading from 7.5.5 to 7.5 ? I did the downgrade 2 weeks ago (Apple - thanks for such a great UPgrade) and about that time my folders started suddenly closing. I noticed the Finder was also blanking out at the same time - (eg., the desktop just went flat blue for a moment, then back to normal except for the folders.) Since I'm a folder kind of person, this has become very annoying. "

I only did the downgrade on a 10.5.5 system, so I am not sure if there is a problem with doing the downgrade on OSX 10.4.x. On 10.5, there were no issues. But of course this downgrade process is not officially supported by Apple, so there may be issues. Simply avoid upgrading to QuickTime 7.5.5, and you should be fine.

And, from what I have heard there will be a QuickTime 7.6 update which will fix the Media 100 codec problems.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 15, 2008 at 10:02:01 pm

Reinstalled the OS and brought it up to current levels - 10.4.11 I think. QT is separate - I've come up to 7.4. Seems to have solved the folder issue.

thanks!

Dennis Dean
The Dean Group
-It's about results-

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: Media 100i Quick Time compatibility
by on Nov 17, 2008 at 3:25:25 pm

It sounds like Dean is all set now but I just want to throw in one more tidbit for the lurkers out there.

Last week I spoke to someone with odd behavior after backing up his QT. We noticed that, although the M100i codec was working again, his QT still reported as v7.5.5.

It took some investigating on his end, but finally the user realized that he had used the QT v7.5 installer for the wrong OS. (Chris did this early on and his Mac wouldn't even boot).

So...be careful when choosing the QT v7.5 installer for the Pacifist procedure described here: http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/4/862351

Return to posts index

by on Nov 18, 2008 at 12:03:55 am

Wick - thanks but I may have gone full circle. After reinstalling the OS and eliminating the finder freezing - I've had to reinstall Final Cut Studio which - after reinstall - tells me it won't work without 7.5.5. ()#(*$)#!!!) Which means I'll probably have to jump up to 7.5.5 (from the current 7.4) and then back down - unless I can find a 7.5 installer.

Anyone know of one for OS 10.4 ?

And
[Floh] And, from what I have heard there will be a QuickTime 7.6 update which will fix the Media 100 codec problems.]

Anyone know when the 7.6 might be out?

thanks!

Dennis Dean
The Dean Group
-It's about results-

Return to posts index

by on Nov 18, 2008 at 12:13:23 am

[Dennis Dean] "Which means I'll probably have to jump up to 7.5.5 (from the current 7.4) and then back down - unless I can find a 7.5 installer.

Anyone know of one for OS 10.4 ? "

Here you can find QuickTime 7.5 for 10.4 and 10.5 (on the right side of the screen).

[Dennis Dean] "Wick - thanks but I may have gone full circle. After reinstalling the OS and eliminating the finder freezing - I've had to reinstall Final Cut Studio which - after reinstall - tells me it won't work without 7.5.5. ()#(*$)#!!!)"

You only need QuickTime 7.5.5 for the ProApps Update 2008-03, which only contains Compressor 3.0.4 and Qmaster 3.0.4. If you do not need these two tools at 3.0.4 but you need FCP 6.0.4 you either can install the ProApps update 2008-02, which does contain FCP6.0.4. Unfortunaltey it is not available as a download anymore, but maybe you still have it somewhere on your HD? Or you can manually install FCP 6.0.4 from the ProApps Update 2008-03. When downloading this update from the Support website (not from Software Update), right-click on the installer Package and click "Show Package content". There are the individual installers for FCP 6.0.4 and the other apps. Most of them you can install withouth Quicktime 7.5.5

[Dennis Dean] "Anyone know when the 7.6 might be out? "

I guess whenever Apple decides that it is ready. And this could be tomorrow or next year; or maybe never.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]