MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

V13 trial re-sync issue

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul CroweV13 trial re-sync issue
by on Nov 4, 2008 at 2:22:12 am

Hi Folks

I'm currently trialing V13 on a G5Quad/AjA Lhe set up with a load of RAM and plenty of internal/ext drive space. A crazy thing is happening.

I unsync a set of (2)audio and a (1)video tracks on the timeline and then I resync the audio to work with them (simply extend the clip) - all good so far. But when I try to resync the audio tracks to video clip M100 crashes. I have to force quit and restart. I've tried other clips and they are ok. I've copied the problem clip over to another part of the time line and to another time line and it still crashes. It's weird. Hasn't done it to any other clip.

No bad video/audio warnings nothing. No problems playing the clip or scrubbing etc. Just crashes when I try to resync these particular Audio and Video clips. It's to early in my trial to say if this is a random bug. I'll report back when I've shuffled some more pixels.

In the meantime has anybody else had this problem?

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: V13 trial re-sync issue
by on Nov 4, 2008 at 9:46:01 am

[Paul Crowe] "In the meantime has anybody else had this problem? "

No. But one thing you could try to see if this is a problem with your actual media file is to remove all media locations in your project (or to create a new project and open the timeline there without relinking the media). Then do your steps to reproduce the problem and look if it also happens without your media files. I guess that there is something wrong with your media file and that the bug will not happen without media. If it still happens without media files you should send the file and a step-by-step explanation of what to do to cause this to Media 100 support.

Return to posts index

David IsskoRe: V13 trial re-sync issue
by on Nov 4, 2008 at 8:22:54 pm

A long time ago in a distant M100 version, corrupt video media was presented as a dark icon. If I was having trouble with a particular clip over again just like you are/were having, I would check the media on the drive and usually find that one of the media icons was a different colour to the dozens of others.

I then trashed it and in those days, redigitised and continued on my merry way. Today, you cannot spot corrupt media as the icons are all the same.

Usually if I am having such trouble with one particular clip (sometimes more but most unusual), I trash it and re-acquire it. Thankfully it does not happen terribly often, but it still does happen, just like in your case.

So although it is most probably not a V13 issue, by now you have discovered that it was probably a corrupt clip. From that point of view, I have had many corrupt clips in the past over many generations of M100.

I trust that if it was indeed a corrupt clip, you have sorted it by now. Of course, you may have a corrupt timeline or even project file, but 1 step at a time.

Best wishes.

Return to posts index

Paul CroweRe: V13 trial re-sync issue
by on Nov 4, 2008 at 10:32:18 pm

Thanks for your help guys.

I did as you suggested Floh and the disconneted clips re-sync just fine. SO I guess it is simply just corrupt media. It sort of wierded me out a bit though because usually I get any number of error codes and 'bad frame' type warnings when this happens. Which as David says is actually quite rare these days.

I'll re-acquire that clip. Hopefully the damage isn't on the tape.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved