MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

How can I output M100 Producer's video/audio from iMac?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert L. Kopf
How can I output M100 Producer's video/audio from iMac?
on Oct 31, 2008 at 6:26:47 pm

Since nobody (other than the wonderful and seemingly tireless Floh) has answered my earlier post asking for recommendations on video/audio I/O devices to use with Media 100 Producer on an iMac, I thought I might take one more stab at it by paring down the scope of my question, and posting it under a more focused subject line.

Here it is - What I/O devices are all you iMac- and Macbook-based Media 100 Producer users out there using to monitor video and audio? I need some kind of box to connect an analog video monitor (and preferably also analog audio monitors) to the iMac that's running Media 100 Producer. It would be great to also be able to use the same analog video and audio monitors with FCS2 apps, After Effects, etc. running on that iMac. Since the iMac obviously doesn't have any PCI/PCIe slots, it would seem that Firewire would be the most likely method to use. I don't want to use a DV camera for this purpose. I really want a permanent, "wired in" solution. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Chris Clephane
Re: How can I output M100 Producer's video/audio from iMac?
on Nov 1, 2008 at 3:15:05 pm

For laptop and/or imac use try a Canopus ADVC-110 works just fine.

Bidirectional Firewire to Analog conversion. Decent picture quality.
Works just fine with all major apps (AE/Premiere/FCP). We use it with G4 laptop-based Producer as well for confidence monitoring on a real tube.

I edit video. I post sometimes.
I fix things. I eat marshmallows.
I play drums. I drink scotch.
I like TV.

Done typing now.

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
on Nov 1, 2008 at 3:23:41 pm

Hey Chris,

Funny that you and I were writing at the same time. And, yes, I was writing about you.

Wick

Return to posts index

Robert L. Kopf
on Nov 1, 2008 at 8:13:56 pm

Thanks much! I'll check it out.

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
on Nov 1, 2008 at 3:21:42 pm

Hi Robert,

I've recently spoken to a couple of customers using Canopus boxes.
http://desktop.thomsongrassvalley.com/products/videoconversion.php
One was using the ADVC110 and another has the ADVC300. Both said they were working fine with M100. As you go higher up the line you get what looks like more substantial build-quality as well as balanced audio. Don't be tempted by the ADVC55 as it's a one-way device that goes the wrong way for what you want.

These are not something I've ever tested so I can't speak to them personally, but both of these customers are one's I've worked with for years and I would trust their opinions.

Hope this is helpful,
Wick

Return to posts index

Robert L. Kopf
on Nov 1, 2008 at 8:15:56 pm

Yes it is helpful. Thanks for the info! I'll look into these.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]