MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

V13 & FCP on existing Dual Boot Quad

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul CroweV13 & FCP on existing Dual Boot Quad
by on Oct 29, 2008 at 12:56:38 am

Hi Folks

Just want to check my thinking is right on this one before I jump into something I regret...

I'm currently running M100 V12 on a dual boot system with FCP with a AJA Kona 3.0 Lhe card. I'm really liking the sound of V13 and the FC STudio playing nicely on the same drive.

The only reason I had it set up as a dual boot was to avoid the FCP/M100 clash. So once I get all the adobe stuff, FCP, M100 etc, etc all on the same drive I guess I can just uninstall everything on the second drive and use it for storage - does this sound like a plan?

I was going to do this by loading the M100 V13 over the top of my V12 and then just installing the FCStudio 2 suite on the same drive. Obviously, I'll need to make sure the AJA drivers/etc are on the same drive as well (they're currently on the FCP side). Is it this simple as this or am I missing something?

Any advice, comments or suggestions appreciated.

Cheers
Paul

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: V13 & FCP on existing Dual Boot Quad
by on Oct 29, 2008 at 8:46:17 am

[Paul Crowe] "I was going to do this by loading the M100 V13 over the top of my V12 and then just installing the FCStudio 2 suite on the same drive. Obviously, I'll need to make sure the AJA drivers/etc are on the same drive as well (they're currently on the FCP side). Is it this simple as this or am I missing something? "

It is that simple. Only make sure that you have the 6.01 Aja drivers, and if you have a Kona 3, do NOT upgrade the board firmware. Plus, make sure that you only upgrade to QuickTime 7.5 and not to 7.5.5 (see the QT 7.5.5 thread below

[Paul Crowe] "So once I get all the adobe stuff, FCP, M100 etc, etc all on the same drive I guess I can just uninstall everything on the second drive and use it for storage - does this sound like a plan? "

If you donĀ“t need the drive for storage, you could keep it as a second boot drive in case you have an emergency. I would set up the V13 partition and make sure that everything is fine there. Then I would use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the startup drive to the second drive in case that some update or a HD failure messes around with your boot drive.

Return to posts index

Paul CroweRe: V13 & FCP on existing Dual Boot Quad
by on Oct 29, 2008 at 7:48:19 pm

Thanks Floh.

You are a gem. That's exactly what I'll do.

I'll check out that thread as well because I've already upgraded to 7.5.5 and I don't seem to be having any problems. Although I did have a problem exporting WMVs out of QTPro (via F4M) but that was fix by reinstalling the previous version of F4M. Have to say the F4M support people were excellent.

Cheers
Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]