MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

no signal on external monitor

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
CJ MacPhersonno signal on external monitor
by on Oct 27, 2008 at 12:18:45 am

I have recently upgraded from 8.2.3 to HDe 12.7.1. My old system is disassembled and I am using the new system for the first time. I am doing a quick job and capturing firewire from PD170 camera. I am having a problem getting a signal to an external monitor. I am using an analog JVC monitor and coming out of the AJA junction box composite to the monitor. (The old system, I used s-video from the breakout box.) All I am getting is black and white color bars and no video. I feel really stupid here in that I can't figure it out.....what am I missing? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: no signal on external monitor
by on Oct 27, 2008 at 2:16:13 am

I just want to be sure I'm understanding this...

You're seeing color bars (black and white) via the junction box at the same time that video is playing in Media 100?

This is definitely weird, 'cause the bars HAVE to be coming from somewhere, and the only other place that they COULD come from is the AJA Control Panel. However, if Media 100 has control of the board, then the control panel doesn't.

Have you tried deleting the M100 preferences? Be sure Media 100 is quit and then find the folder "Media 100 Preferences" here: YourUserFolder>Library>Preferences and delete it. You should also delete the file called "com.media100.media100hd.plist

- Which AJA card is it?
- Which Mac is this in?
- What OS?
- Any cards besides the graphics card and the AJA card?
- What slots are the cards in? Remember, there are 4 slots in the Mac but 5 openings in the back. On the back, counting from the bottom it's 1, fake slot, 2, 3, 4.

~ Wick

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: no signal on external monitor
by on Oct 27, 2008 at 11:35:48 am

Are you sure that you installed Media 100 Suite and not Producer? And did you install the Aja Kona 5.1 drivers? Plus, you need to set up your Media 100 system to use the Kona hardware, under Preferences->Video Output, select HDe and set "Analog" to Composite.

Return to posts index

CJ MacPhersonRe: no signal on external monitor
by on Oct 27, 2008 at 2:43:36 pm

That was it Floh!!! Preferences - Video Output - HDe "Analog" to composite. When I first set up the preferences, I completely missed the "HDe" selection. That's what 3 hours of sleep will do to you...your mind just isn't working. I checked what you both suggested, and thank you both. I still feel stupid for not catching that.....

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: no signal on external monitor
by on Oct 27, 2008 at 3:19:22 pm

[CJ MacPherson] "That was it Floh!!! Preferences - Video Output - HDe "Analog" to composite. When I first set up the preferences, I completely missed the "HDe" selection. That's what 3 hours of sleep will do to you...your mind just isn't working. I checked what you both suggested, and thank you both. I still feel stupid for not catching that....."

No problem. Sometimes these little things get overlooked easily, especially when having not enough sleep, and when working on a new system.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]