MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 5.1 to Media 100 12.1 issue

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fermin BrangerMedia 100 5.1 to Media 100 12.1 issue
by on Oct 23, 2008 at 9:12:08 pm

Hi, I'm trying to open pgm and media originated and edited in a Media 100 5.1.4, into my HDe to mix and master, but my system doesn't recognizes or link media, and finally crashes saying:

ERROR: -19531
SOCKER: 0
FILE: REPUBLIC.C
LINE: 1660
HARDW REV: 1
PARAM 1: $1
PARAM 2: $ FBAOC5D6
PARAM 3: $0
PARAM 4: $ 65F8293
PARAM 5: $ 4BC8OE10

someone can give me a bit of light?

Thanks

Fermín Branger

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Media 100 5.1 to Media 100 12.1 issue
by on Oct 24, 2008 at 7:10:38 am

I have to admit that I never tried to move V5 timelines to V12.x, but as far as I know it should work. One thing I could imagine is that you need to move the media files from OS9 (or OS8 probably) to OSX, which can damage your media files depending on how you do the transfer. I think there were cases where the media files lost their type/creator info or something similar, which made them unrecognizable by Media 100. How do you move your media files over? Plus, I am not 100% sure if the media file format did get some changes in this time between V5 and V12 (it definitely was extended to e.g. support files >2GB), so maybe they really are incompatible.
One thing you could try is to create a very easy timeline with only a few clips, and do a .zip or .sit compression on the whole media file folder for the project before moving it to OSX. This should keep all info intact, as far as I know.

Return to posts index

Fermin BrangerRe: Media 100 5.1 to Media 100 12.1 issue
by on Oct 24, 2008 at 11:19:15 pm

Hi Floh, thanks again for your attention.
As my friend told me, the Media files folders were copied into a new folder created into a server (PC), and this folder was copied to the disk that I used to transport media to my suite.
I remember a little test that I did in the past, burning media files folders into a CD, and then trying to open into my Producer 11.x and get the same result.
I will do the test that you suggest and write again.
Thanks,

Fermín

Return to posts index

by on Oct 24, 2008 at 11:44:46 pm

Hi again, another question:
What if I export an XML file like if I were moving the 5.1 pgm to AE, and then trying to open it into the new v13?

Fermín

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Media 100 5.1 to Media 100 12.1 issue
by on Oct 25, 2008 at 9:54:13 am

XML is basically only a set of rules describing the formatting of a document. The content of the document is not specified by the XML format. Media 100 does support the Apple FinalCut "flavor" of XML, but this does not have any relation to the XML format that is used to move Media 100 files to AE. They use the same "language", but the content is completely different.
Plus, you still need to bring your media files over independently of the XML; the XML only acts as a sort of EDL, only with much more details and with a reference to the media files.
I think when you moved your files to the PC you lost your type/creator info, which is what is causing your problems now. When packing them into a .sit archive you preserve those info, and you should be able to open the timeline with the media files in V13 (or V12).

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: Media 100 5.1 to Media 100 12.1 issue
by on Oct 27, 2008 at 2:32:08 pm

Hi Fermin,

I asked one of my engineers to take a look at your error information and he said that the application is reaching "end of file".

What this means to you and me is that there is likely at least one corrupt file at play. This brings me back to Floh's idea about wrapping up the files in some sort of container (either zip or dmg) before moving them to the new system. Have you tried this yet?

~Wick

Return to posts index

by on Oct 28, 2008 at 1:12:30 am

Thanks Wick, thanks Floh,
I´ve done the test and it works partially. The project can link audio only. Each time that I touch some clip the system says:
-op code:8
-err code: -39
-file info:
-esc .8.mq1qv
(vrefnum=-101pald=1482183)

...and in the edit clip the time code are: *********

fermin

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: Media 100 5.1 to Media 100 12.1 issue
by on Oct 28, 2008 at 5:46:49 pm

That behavior and the error message definitely suggests corrupted media files.

You might want to try the video files in QuickTime player. That may make it clear whether it's just a few of them or all of them. If it doesn't appear to be all of them, you may have some luck creating a new Project and a new Bin then dragging and dropping the "good" media files into the Bin one at a time.

~Wick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]