MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

XML - FCP back n forth?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby MosaediXML - FCP back n forth?
by on Oct 22, 2008 at 11:05:10 pm

I have a sequence in FCP that contains mostly green screen footage and b-roll multiclips shot in 720p 59.94, prores 422. Before exporting XML, I collapsed all multiclips and then exported. Upon trying to import into M100 13, M100 tries to re-render everything, and the timeline it creates is a 720p60, not 59.94. Is it supposed to do this? My objective is to get these clips into After effects from FCP using m100's AE XML importer, but I can't do it if I have to wait hours to re-render footage. Is there a known no-render workflow that works?

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: XML - FCP back n forth?
by on Oct 24, 2008 at 7:14:14 am

you should get in touch with techsupport about that. 720p 59.94 is not a format we are working with, so I cannot say if it does work in reality. It should work in theory without a slow import of the media files; the Media 100 app does need to do a (very very quick) media update, and it does need to create separate audio files from the original clips in case the audio is combined into the video files, but both steps are extremely quick even on very large and complex timelines. Maybe you really did discover a bug in the support of 720p 59.94 media timelines.
Maybe you could try it out with a relatively simple timeline from FCP to verify that it is really a bug...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved