MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Importing P2

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim WilcoxImporting P2
by on Oct 8, 2008 at 5:54:46 pm

When importing P2 media from a HD I seem to get progressively slower performance with each successive import. For instance, if I have 6 P2 cards on a HD, card 1 will load up in the P2 import window fairly quickly, card 2 will take more time, card 3 longer still. The actual importing is the same across cards. If I quit Media 100(12.1.3) and relaunch I can get back to the performance of the original card display. Its like all the previous thumbnails are being stored in RAM and slowing up the process of redrawing or something. Short of quitting the app after 1 or 2 cards is there any other solution?

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: Importing P2
by on Oct 8, 2008 at 7:57:42 pm

Hi Jim,

Does this happen if you keep going back to the same P2 image or does if have to be a new image each time to make it slower?

~Wick

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: Importing P2
by on Oct 8, 2008 at 9:33:16 pm

Hey Jim,

Never mind, I finally had a few free minutes and gave it a shot myself.

Sure enough, it did just as you said. Every time I go back to "Import Panasonic P2" it takes longer than the last time. If I quit the app, it speeds back up at first then starts all over again. Nice catch.

I showed it to one of the Engineers in charge of that part of the app and he was intrigued.

We've added it to our To-Do list, but it most likely won't make the v13 release.

~Wick

Return to posts index

Jim WilcoxRe: Importing P2
by on Oct 9, 2008 at 7:49:44 pm

Wick,

Thanks for verifying. I need to check with someone at least once a day to make sure I'm not going crazy. Whist I have your attention, are there any plans to support AVC-I ? Avid and FC (with transcode) are getting there I hear. We can shoot to it, but can't work with the media on Media 100.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]