MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Help me spend $15,000

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric RuffHelp me spend $15,000
by on Sep 26, 2008 at 6:31:09 pm

I have been out of it so long, my old M100 is a Vincent card. I'd like to jump back in, but none of my old equipment, including the camera, is of much use anymore, so I am starting from the ground up.

If my budget is $15K, can that cover the computer, hard disk storage, camera, and software? I guess I can still use my 23" Cinema Display, but that about all that is salvagable. I'd like to be shooting and editing in HD, but not for real movies; this will all end up on DVD.

I bought FCP HD (v. 3? or is that just FCP v. 3 - have both) and DVD Studio 3; I think both could be upgraded. I tried to get into FCP, but M100 has spoiled me, and I just couldn't get my head into FCP. It's seemed - un Mac-like.

Thanks,

Eric

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: Help me spend $15,000
by on Sep 26, 2008 at 8:25:28 pm

Hi Eric,

Since you've already expressed your commitment to Media 100, I suppose it won't sound too self-promoting for me to say, "Give us a call."

Our Sales guys walk customers through exactly these sort of decisions every day.

Call 800-832-8188 and ask for Matt.

~Wick

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Help me spend $15,000
by on Sep 28, 2008 at 4:44:55 pm

[Eric Ruff] "If my budget is $15K, can that cover the computer, hard disk storage, camera, and software? I guess I can still use my 23" Cinema Display, but that about all that is salvagable. I'd like to be shooting and editing in HD, but not for real movies; this will all end up on DVD.
"

You definitely can manage it easily with your budget depending on which format you need for shooting; but you also can spend 3x your budget (and more) on a camera alone. If I had to decide on a camera I would have a good look at the Sony EX1 and EX3 cameras as well as on the HDV lines, to find the one that fits your needs.

Return to posts index

Dave JenkinsRe: Help me spend $15,000
by on Oct 1, 2008 at 4:54:56 am

Go with the EX3, it rocks! I can't say anything about M100. Haven't used it in 5 years. FCP 6.04 works great with the EX3. Import one hour of footage in 10 minutes. You will need back up for the EX3, we use Blu-ray.

Dajen Productions
Santa Barbara, CA
Mac Pro 2.8 Octo - AJA Kona LHe
Huge 1.2 Raid
FCP 6.0.2-OS X 10.5.2-QT 7.4

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]