MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Help me spend $15,000

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Ruff
Help me spend $15,000
on Sep 26, 2008 at 6:31:09 pm

I have been out of it so long, my old M100 is a Vincent card. I'd like to jump back in, but none of my old equipment, including the camera, is of much use anymore, so I am starting from the ground up.

If my budget is $15K, can that cover the computer, hard disk storage, camera, and software? I guess I can still use my 23" Cinema Display, but that about all that is salvagable. I'd like to be shooting and editing in HD, but not for real movies; this will all end up on DVD.

I bought FCP HD (v. 3? or is that just FCP v. 3 - have both) and DVD Studio 3; I think both could be upgraded. I tried to get into FCP, but M100 has spoiled me, and I just couldn't get my head into FCP. It's seemed - un Mac-like.

Thanks,

Eric

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
Re: Help me spend $15,000
on Sep 26, 2008 at 8:25:28 pm

Hi Eric,

Since you've already expressed your commitment to Media 100, I suppose it won't sound too self-promoting for me to say, "Give us a call."

Our Sales guys walk customers through exactly these sort of decisions every day.

Call 800-832-8188 and ask for Matt.

~Wick

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Sep 28, 2008 at 4:44:55 pm

[Eric Ruff] "If my budget is $15K, can that cover the computer, hard disk storage, camera, and software? I guess I can still use my 23" Cinema Display, but that about all that is salvagable. I'd like to be shooting and editing in HD, but not for real movies; this will all end up on DVD.
"

You definitely can manage it easily with your budget depending on which format you need for shooting; but you also can spend 3x your budget (and more) on a camera alone. If I had to decide on a camera I would have a good look at the Sony EX1 and EX3 cameras as well as on the HDV lines, to find the one that fits your needs.

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Oct 1, 2008 at 4:54:56 am

Go with the EX3, it rocks! I can't say anything about M100. Haven't used it in 5 years. FCP 6.04 works great with the EX3. Import one hour of footage in 10 minutes. You will need back up for the EX3, we use Blu-ray.

Dajen Productions
Santa Barbara, CA
Mac Pro 2.8 Octo - AJA Kona LHe
Huge 1.2 Raid
FCP 6.0.2-OS X 10.5.2-QT 7.4

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]