MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

offsite Client Video Editing Review

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Jonesoffsite Client Video Editing Review
by on Sep 19, 2008 at 8:34:02 pm

Has anyone out there heard of a solution where I can be editing on my computer and sending the video and/or screen output to a client in another state?

Greg Jones
D7,Inc.
Orlando,FL.

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: offsite Client Video Editing Review
by on Sep 20, 2008 at 1:41:35 am

Hi Greg,

Take a look at the Mac-compatible choices on this chart.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_remote_desktop_software

I can personally comment on "GoToMyPC" and "Chicken of the VNC". COTVNC requires some sort of "server" running on the system that's being accessed remotely. I've used "Vine Server".

Both of the one's I've used will get you what you're looking for but video playback is VERY sluggish and choppy.

~Wick

Return to posts index

Paul CroweRe: offsite Client Video Editing Review
by on Sep 20, 2008 at 8:40:59 am

Hi Greg,

do you mean in real time? If not what about an FTP site. In sometimes use mega upload which is a free service.

Cheers
Paul

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: offsite Client Video Editing Review
by on Sep 20, 2008 at 9:15:41 am

[Greg Jones] "Has anyone out there heard of a solution where I can be editing on my computer and sending the video and/or screen output to a client in another state?
"

One thing you could look into is a streaming video solution, like QuickTime Broadcaster/QuickTime Streaming Server. But these things are not easy, you would need an external computer with a video input and a somewhat decent internet connection to actually stream video from your system. The desktop remote solutions or even e.g. the solution Media 100 uses to do their webinars is not enough to do real live streaming with a decent framerate.

Return to posts index

Jason TowerRe: offsite Client Video Editing Review
by on Sep 21, 2008 at 2:29:27 pm

You might want to check out a Slingbox. You only pay for the device, there are no subscription charges, and the Mac & Windows player clients are free to download from the Sling site. Playback quality is dependent on the sending and receiving broadband connections.

I've been seriously considering one for our studio, the reviews I've read so far sound pretty good. Just Google "slingbox review"...

Jason W. Tower
Fiddler Films

http://www.fiddlerfilms.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]