MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Leopard 10.5.5 update issues

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy TaplinLeopard 10.5.5 update issues
by on Sep 19, 2008 at 4:49:09 pm

Hi All

Just thought I'd let you know that since doing the update to OSX 10.5.5 I've had numerous bad frame errors and disk I/O errors in M100 12.7 I think others have reported similar problems. These were mostly related to old M100i media.

Fortunately, I keep another internal boot drive that is always one update behind and after cloning it back to my primary drive all seems well. I also needed to repair my G-Tech Gspeed raid with Diskwarrior as it was not mounting reliably- maybe related to the update maybe not?

Would be nice to know what the problems are - QT related or deeper than that? Rolling back to QT 7.5 as described by Floh and others did not cure my issues without going back to 10.5.4

I guess we need a M100 update before moving to 10.5.5

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: Leopard 10.5.5 update issues
by on Sep 19, 2008 at 7:32:13 pm

We haven't seen any of the problems you're describing related to OS 10.5.5 but I must admit we are full into v13 testing right now.

As this QT 7.5.5 thing has been playing out, I've talked to a few users for whom the "fix" got botched somehow and they had to try again. "Get Info" on your QT Player app to ensure that it is, indeed, reporting as v7.5. If it still says v7.5.5, the something didn't take right when you tried to back up. If that's the case, take a look at my recent post below for the most complete set of steps and links to date.

Return to posts index

Andy TaplinRe: Leopard 10.5.5 update issues
by on Sep 22, 2008 at 8:42:50 am

Thanks Wick

I did get back to 7.5 according to Get Info but I still had bad frame errors when trying to play M100i media. It's fine now I've gone back to 10.5.4

I'm hoping the 13 release will work with 10,5,5 and the latest QT?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved