MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Interesting Phenomenon

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David IsskoInteresting Phenomenon
by on Sep 13, 2008 at 5:59:48 am

Let's start in this forum group and see what answers I get back.

Working in HD 1080i 50i etc in 12.7.1 using ProRez422HQ codec with CalDigit HDPro drives. All is well in the world of editing in M100. Export clips by reference for use in AE CS3 and create a simple image move. Very basic. Been using AE for years (since CoSa days) so I know the basic prefs and settings. (At least I thought I did!!)

Export new movie as PR422HQ and import back into M100. New clip plays back with what I can best describe as frames with alternating 10% rise in black level then back to 'normal' then up again & back, resulting in a 'strobe like' visual effect.

Maybe I do have a setting wrong somewhere but this started since I reloaded the OS & all application software a few weeks ago.

This is the second project to exhibit this unacceptable problem.
Any ideas please?

Thanks
David Issko

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Interesting Phenomenon
by on Sep 13, 2008 at 8:35:18 am

[David Issko] "Export new movie as PR422HQ and import back into M100. New clip plays back with what I can best describe as frames with alternating 10% rise in black level then back to 'normal' then up again & back, resulting in a 'strobe like' visual effect.
"

As far as I know ProRes HQ still has some issues, especially with AE. Try rendering back into ProRes 422, or try rendering into e.g. MJPEGB to see if it is a Codec problem.

Return to posts index

olof ekberghRe: Interesting Phenomenon
by on Sep 14, 2008 at 12:04:10 pm

I have noticed some problems like that with 422HQ as well. The first few frames in a render are lighter then they get darker and stay that way for the rest of the render.

I also had problems with a kelight 2 render in AE with 422HQ. The preview (both on NTSCs
screen and Monitor) looked perfect but when rendering lots of noise in the keyed BG.

I plan to do some more tests, but I need to get my work done first. Not using HQ seems work much better.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

olof ekberghRe: Interesting Phenomenon
by on Sep 14, 2008 at 4:52:57 pm

I did some browsing in the AE Forum.

And there are some posts there that talk about setting colors to trillions in the output module with Prores 422HQ.

I did that and I get a warning about more colors than my comps colorspace but I sa ok and then it renders W/O the light frames.

Go figure!

At lest this seems to work.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

David IsskoRe: Interesting Phenomenon
by on Sep 14, 2008 at 11:17:04 pm

Thing is, I did render back to PR422HQ and I was thinking about that. I had visions of say rendering back to none (compression) and let M100 do the codec transfer.

Olof, I will try trillions of colours as I have a number of AE effects to do today.

I will let you know soon.

Thanks guys

Return to posts index

David IsskoRe: Interesting Phenomenon
by on Sep 15, 2008 at 6:06:02 am

I exported from AE to M100HD codec with upper field first. No problems.
I will be rendering all of my AE creations in that way from now on.
David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]