MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

v 13 integration all about COLOR

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffinv 13 integration all about COLOR
by on Sep 10, 2008 at 2:31:45 pm

Giving Media 100 access to FC Studio is a great thing for those of us who sometimes have to go back and forth between projects. But the HUGE thing, and the thing that seems to be taken as an "oh, by the way," is the fact that this now gives us a simplified path to and from Apple's Color app.

What a GREAT development! M100's color correction tools were some of its weakest features. Now with access to a complete color grading solution we have a reason to celebrate (and upgrade as soon as 13 ships).

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: v 13 integration all about COLOR
by on Sep 10, 2008 at 5:28:35 pm

As a first timer with Media 100 ten years ago with version 6 may I add my "Thank goodness for Boris" to the others. Two questions to those who might have answers.

1. Will version 13 still be good for the pre intel Mac G5 and the HDx board?
2. Are any EX1 camera users finding any problems with the support introduced in version 12.7?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: v 13 integration all about COLOR
by on Sep 10, 2008 at 5:41:11 pm

V13 will work on HDx and PPC

Return to posts index

Chris ClephaneEX-1 issues.
by on Sep 10, 2008 at 11:20:17 pm

When we import directly from the EX-1...no issues.

But when someone drags footage to an external hard drive and brings that to us...we are having occasional issues ion import. (file structures aside) Hard to explain...It seems to be more "quirky" when we are importing from 1394/USB2 drives rather than directly from the camera.

-C

I edit video. I post sometimes.
I fix things. I eat marshmallows.
I play drums. I drink scotch.
I like TV.

Done typing now.

Return to posts index

David IsskoRe: v 13 integration all about COLOR
by on Sep 11, 2008 at 4:58:27 am

Hi Michael,

I am using an EX1 while my brand spanking new EX3 has been returned to Sony (after 2 jobs) to fix a bad coring issue and the camera has severe colour fringing issues with the XS 17x Fujinon lens attached as well.

Anyway, the files are importing from the EX1 perfectly into 12.7.1 on my 8 core MacPro. Mind you, there was no problem importing the Ex3 recorded files into the M100 either.

Hope this helps.

Best
David Issko

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: v 13 integration all about COLOR
by on Sep 11, 2008 at 9:19:12 am

Thanks David for that. A couple of supplementary questions. No problem converting the files into editable clips within Media 100? Do you notice a huge difference in accurate focussing between the small screen of the EX1 and the magnified image on the EX3? I am trying to get Sony to do some sort of adapter for the EX1. Apologies to fellow Cow readers for straying off topic.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]