MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

V12 Leaders and Trailers??

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Taplin
V12 Leaders and Trailers??
on Aug 22, 2008 at 3:37:18 pm

Anyone know what's happened to the Leaders and Trailers folder that used to sit in the M100 folder?
I need to lay off to tape - for the first time since moving to 12 - and the Bars and Tone movies are nowhere to be seen!

Thanks

Andy

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
Re: V12 Leaders and Trailers??
on Aug 25, 2008 at 7:20:31 pm

Andy,

Sorry to leave you hanging like that. Leaders and Trailers got left out of the app back when v10 was released. There's a list of reasons why, some legitimate, and some kind of lame. I hope to reintroduce something in a future release.

Until then, you've got some options. You can use the L&Ts from Media 100 i (if you've got an M100i CD) for standard def and/or you can create and use your own for HD.

Basically, the Leaders and Trailers feature works as follows. It can get wordy and confusing, so stick with me.

- Leaders and Trailers, as an application feature, only work via the "Master to Tape" choice from Media 100's File Menu.

- There needs to be a folder called "Leaders and Trailers" in the Media 100 application folder.

- There needs to be at least one Program (timeline) in that folder that matches the standards and aspect ratio of the Program you are attempting to Master to Tape.

- There needs to be some media for that Program (the one in the "Leaders and Trailers" folder) to link to.

- When you choose "Master to Tape" from the file menu, the application looks for a folder called "Leaders and Trailers" inside the Media 100 folder inside "Applications". If it finds the folder, it checks the standards and aspect ratio of the Program you are mastering and looks for any in the "Leaders and Trailers" folder that match. If a match is found, the matching Program(s) shows up as a choice in the Master to Tape window. You can actually put ANYTHING (even a show open or close) in the Leaders and Trailers folder.

It sounds convoluted but makes a lot of sense after walk through it once.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions if you need to.

~Wick

Return to posts index

Andrew Mehta
on Aug 26, 2008 at 5:12:20 am

Or you could just import the media files into the timeline. ^_^

Return to posts index

Andy Taplin
on Aug 26, 2008 at 9:04:24 am

indeed...if you can find 'em!

Return to posts index

Andy Taplin
on Aug 26, 2008 at 9:03:03 am

Wick

That's clear thanks. It would be great to reinstate some form of bars and tone and a clock in the future.

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]