MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Help! Problems relinking media!

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Becky Glover
Help! Problems relinking media!
on Aug 22, 2008 at 10:18:45 am

Hello All!

I have captured a whole load of media into specified bins. I then transferred the project and the media across to a HD to edit on a newer version of Media 100. On both computers the media says it is offline, but I can manually find the captured media it just won't re-link. I have re set media locations etc to no avail!

I checked out the source media file name of each offline clip and it is different to that of the captured in the sense that it says V60 in the offline clip and V10 on the captured media. I tried changing the captured clip name to V60 but that didn't work either...... Anyone got any idea?

Thanks for your help!

-Becks

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Help! Problems relinking media!
on Aug 22, 2008 at 1:11:01 pm

This sounds like you have actually captured a different bin than the material that you have on your drives. Do the clips show up correctly on the system you have captured on?
Renaming the files does not help, since Media 100 is not looking for the filename but also for some header info in the actual files to see if these are your captured clips. Obviously they donĀ“t match, so Media 100 cannot relink.

One thing you could do is to drag your clips from the Finder into a bin to get them back into your system. You will lose the clipnames and comments, though, but you should keep reel name and timecode reference.

Return to posts index

Becky Glover
on Aug 22, 2008 at 1:19:43 pm

OK, thank you, but I have discovered that the data rates are different for some reason, media 100 is looking for the clip that is at 60KB(V60) rather than 10KB(V10). I have tried changing the codec setting but no luck....any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Aug 22, 2008 at 1:22:04 pm

[Becky Glover] "OK, thank you, but I have discovered that the data rates are different for some reason, media 100 is looking for the clip that is at 60KB(V60) rather than 10KB(V10). I have tried changing the codec setting but no luck....any thoughts?"

It sounds like you did digitize the material 2 times?!? The system only searches for V60 material if it digitized it at this setting.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]