MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

CPU speed Error

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeremy Rowell
CPU speed Error
on Aug 19, 2008 at 1:50:46 am

One of my Media 100's started getting the CPU speed error, and plays back video choppy. It does not output video properly (just static) QT plays the media back properly, and I've tried playing off the internal Drive, as well as the SCSI drive. Video is SD. CPU monitor shows it is not even going over 20%. Right now I have the mac apart, and I'm re-seating the boards. I've re-installed Media 100 and updated QT with no help. Any guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jeremy

QT 7.5
Media 100 HD 10.1

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: CPU speed Error
on Aug 19, 2008 at 6:39:16 am

[jeremy Rowell] "Jeremy

QT 7.5
Media 100 HD 10.1
"

Are you serious about Media 100 HD 10.1 and QuickTime 7.5? A lot of development has happened between 10.1 and the current 12.7.1, and a lot has changed in QuickTime. I would guess that some OS or QuickTime conflict with V10.1 are the cause for your performance problems.

Return to posts index

jeremy Rowell
on Aug 19, 2008 at 4:00:24 pm

I had it updated (some), but uninstalled and installed 10.1 fresh from the install disk when the problem popped up yesterday. The issue did not change. I am now downloading an update. What would you consider the most stable version for this machine?

Dual 2.7 G5
OS 10.4.11
QT7.5

Return to posts index

jeremy Rowell
on Aug 20, 2008 at 5:00:08 pm

After RE-installing everything worked perfectly. Now today the problem is back... Jerky slowmo playback and only static out of the composite output and black out of the component output. The Program is VERY simple 30" and the media is on a RAID SCSI ARRAY. It is Running 10.1 and QT 7.5, But it has for awhile without issues. Nothing has been added to the computer. The Media 100 test checks out fine. Video plays fine out of QT

I looked for updates on the Media 100 website, but there is nothing for 10.x only an upgrade to 11+ which requires a software code. I can't spend any money to upgrade. Any Ideas?

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Aug 20, 2008 at 5:07:17 pm

On ftp.media100.com you can find an installer for Media 100 10.1.4 (under Media 100 i). Maybe this fixes some of your problems, although it would surprise me. As a test I would install an Mac OS and QuickTime version recommended for V10.1.4 (look into the readme included in the download) onto a second partition to see if the problem happens there also.
Plus, make sure that all your drivers (e.g. for your SCSI card) are up to date. Can you play back media files from your internal HD?

Return to posts index

jeremy Rowell
on Aug 20, 2008 at 5:28:47 pm

Thanks for the Quick reply. The SCSI drive is up to date and plays great on my older Media 100 system. The 10.1 system will not play media off of the internal drive either. I will check the FTP site for an update... I did not know of that site, thanks!

Return to posts index

jeremy Rowell
on Aug 20, 2008 at 7:49:41 pm

Where can one find Legacy Quicktime downloads?

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Aug 20, 2008 at 8:39:33 pm

Unfortunately you cannot download them individually. The only official (and reliable) way is by reinstalling OSX and using Software Update.

Return to posts index

jeremy Rowell
on Aug 21, 2008 at 10:33:57 pm

So I wiped the Mac and did a complete clean install.
Media 100 10.1.4
OS 10.4.11
QT 7.0

Started Media 100 and I get the same @$#% thing! CPU speed error, slow-mo choppy video, static out of composite out, and nothing out of component out. Hardware test passes. What gives? Is it time to call tech support? Any Ideas? This has been a rock solid machine for a long time, and all of a sudden it has gone down. I tried re-seating all of the cards, still no dice. Any help would be appreciated!

Jeremy

Return to posts index

jeremy Rowell
FIXED! Re:CPU speed Error
on Sep 15, 2008 at 9:05:03 pm

Thanks to the Media 100 Tech support line for helping me out! In the end, it was not pretty (and cost my company a bit o cash!). I had to get a new board, as the analog side of mine went bad. There seems to be a shortage of these things, they are no longer made. I hope I do not run into this issue again! System was down three weeks and Wick solved my issue! Thanks Wick!

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]