MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

media 100 i audio input fader in dig mode

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bruce botts
media 100 i audio input fader in dig mode
on Aug 14, 2008 at 6:17:02 pm

HELP! I'm running Media 100 i on a G4 and suddenly in digitize mode the master fader on the audio panel is in the all the way down position and won't allow me to move it. Now I can't digitize audio, Video input is fine just audio. I reinstalled software....no dice. HELP!
Bruce

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
Re: media 100 i audio input fader in dig mode
on Aug 14, 2008 at 7:10:38 pm

Hi Bruce,

The fader is a Red Herring, ignore it. It's always stuck at the the bottom when digitizing. You only noticed it today 'cause you're having trouble getting audio in. So...why are you having trouble getting audio in?

- Are there yellow "lights" in the Edit Suite next to CH-1/L and CH-2/R?
- Check your Hardware Prefs, are they set to DV-In for audio when you really want Analog? vice-versa?
- Check the rocker switch on the Junction Box.
- Check your cabling.
- Try creating a brand new Project. If that works, bring any Programs and Bins into the new Project and work from there.

~Wick

Return to posts index

bruce botts
on Aug 15, 2008 at 2:37:01 pm

D'OH!
Thanks!
Bruce

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
on Aug 15, 2008 at 4:19:32 pm

C'mon now...what was the problem?

Don't be shy...we're all friends here (well, most of us).

Return to posts index

bruce botts
on Aug 15, 2008 at 4:30:38 pm

The problem was operator error. I had the mixer volume on that channel muted.
Bruce

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
on Aug 15, 2008 at 5:36:38 pm

No shame in that, it happens to us all.

If anyone reading this can honestly say it hasn't happened to them, then they are spending too much time reading posts about editing and not enough time actually editing!

Return to posts index

joyce woodworth
on Oct 5, 2008 at 8:14:32 pm

I am having a problem with my media 100i 8.2... I have been editing a documentary I am it putting together on a mac osx 150 gb computer, I have completed 14 minutes of it and all of a sudden it quits and a box comes up that says "Media 100l system is locked up. Please quit" . I cannot access the media 100 again, consequently I cannot work. Do you have a suggestion? I have 45 gb left to work with, I installed the disc warrior, I did the hardware cards test, everything is o.k., but I cannot open up my project. Please offer me some of your good advice. Thank you, Joyce Woodworth

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
V8.2 does not launch; Was: media 100 i audio input fader in dig mode
on Oct 5, 2008 at 9:30:00 pm

[joyce woodworth] "I am having a problem with my media 100i 8.2... I have been editing a documentary I am it putting together on a mac osx 150 gb computer, I have completed 14 minutes of it and all of a sudden it quits and a box comes up that says "Media 100l system is locked up. Please quit" . I cannot access the media 100 again, consequently I cannot work. Do you have a suggestion? I have 45 gb left to work with, I installed the disc warrior, I did the hardware cards test, everything is o.k., but I cannot open up my project. Please offer me some of your good advice. Thank you, Joyce Woodworth
"

Probably it would be a good idea to start a new thread about your problem...

I think during digigizing, the last clip you acquired went bad, and now if you start to launch your project the system tries to load the "bad" clip and crashes. The first thing I would do is to have a look at your media drive and find the last clip you digitized. Most likely if you open it up in e.g. QuickTime player it will show some strange behavior. Delete the clip, and chances are good you will be good to go. If this does not work, try to delete the Media 100 preferences (In YourHomeFolder->Library->Media 100 Folder->Current Configuration".

Return to posts index

joyce woodworth
Re: V8.2 does not launch; Was: media 100 i audio input fader in dig mode
on Oct 6, 2008 at 1:42:50 am

Bless your heart for responding to me so quickly... I deleted the last 4 clips, however, the message "Media 100i system locked up" still appeared. I am now in the Media 100 Preference window but I am hesitant to delete anything in here. Let me tell you what the tags say in this window .... please tell me if I should delete all of them, just the "Current configuration" tag or none of them. Tags are: Current Configuration...Media 100 Codec Preferences.... Media 100 qx Pedestal setting.... NTSC..... NTSC copy.... PAL. I shall wait for your reply before I delete cause I'm afraid I may make things worse..... Thanks for your help..... JW

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Oct 6, 2008 at 6:11:37 am

[joyce woodworth] " I shall wait for your reply before I delete cause I'm afraid I may make things worse..... Thanks for your help..... JW"

Start with the "current Configuration" file. Most likely this will fix it. If not, you can also delete the other files (they are recreated with their default settings automatically when you launch the program). Or you can even move the whole folder to the desktop to see if this fixes your problem, and if not move the folder back (but I am pretty sure that this should fix it).

Return to posts index

joyce woodworth
on Oct 6, 2008 at 3:33:56 pm

Once again, thank you for your prompt reply.... I did remove the Media 100 Preference folder, rebooted and tried to open Media 100 again... this time it says "The media 100 harware is in use by another application" and will not open... Another suggestion? thank you! JW

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Oct 6, 2008 at 3:37:22 pm

Try launching the Application while holding down the "Shift" key.

Return to posts index

joyce woodworth
on Oct 6, 2008 at 3:44:22 pm

it didn't work....

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Oct 6, 2008 at 3:40:08 pm

And make sure you don´t have any other application running, and no Media 100 Quicktime selected in the Finder.

Return to posts index

joyce woodworth
on Oct 6, 2008 at 3:53:14 pm

I had a mac guy here and he wants to sell me 500gb of more space... says I need it to run this program.. he has never seen Media 100 before, however. I currently have 150gb of memory. This current project is the biggest I have ever worked on and I did digitize 3.4gb, 3.1 gb, 2.9gb and down from there until I have 47gb left... I did read in the manual after I digitized these larger amounts and it says "to digitize programs greater than 2GB format your disk drives as HFS Plus (Mac OSExtended). I did not do that cause I don't know how to do that.. Do you think this may have caused a problem? Do you think the Mac Guy is right and I should go have more GB memory on my computer? I am pretty dumbfounded right now. Thanks for your help.. JW

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Oct 6, 2008 at 3:56:20 pm

[joyce woodworth] "This current project is the biggest I have ever worked on and I did digitize 3.4gb, 3.1 gb, 2.9gb and down from there until I have 47gb left... I did read in the manual after I digitized these larger amounts and it says "to digitize programs greater than 2GB format your disk drives as HFS Plus (Mac OSExtended)"

If you are able to digitize more than 2GB your drive is HFS+ formatted. Your problems are not related to your HD space; there is something else not right with your system.

If you are running V8.2, go to http://www.media100.com and download V8.2.3a from the support section. Reinstall this.
Did you run the Media 100 hardware test?

Return to posts index

joyce woodworth
on Oct 6, 2008 at 4:18:30 pm

I have installed the 8.2.3a and I checked the Hardware... it is o.k. Can I call you? Thank you for your help.... I am at a total loss here. JW

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Oct 6, 2008 at 4:35:48 pm

[joyce woodworth] "I have installed the 8.2.3a and I checked the Hardware... it is o.k. Can I call you? Thank you for your help.... I am at a total loss here. JW"

You should get in touch with Media 100 techsupport.

Return to posts index

joyce woodworth
on Oct 6, 2008 at 4:38:37 pm

O.k. Thank you for all your help!!! JW

Return to posts index

joyce woodworth
on Nov 15, 2008 at 5:48:03 am

Here's a question for Wickham Strub or any other Media 100 expert out there. If you read this entire thread you will see my problems date back to Oct 5th.... after my media 100 card went bad and then my logic board failed on my last G4 Mac computer, I took out my drives, bought a new/used Mac 1.42 ghz computer and a new/used media 100 card which I have now installed on the computer... I have been trying to get it all working... the computer is fine, it says my media on the drives is all saved however after installing the card, running the hardware test, updating the card, rebooting, running the HW test again, rebooting and then trying to run the Media 100 ... when the test on Card 1 (Main)was attempted the message came up: Acceptance Test Failed!, DV-Gear Data Bits Test [137], Part 1: Read: A8 Expect: AA XOR:02
Then if I try to open Media 100 after another reboot, I get the following error: Could not start the application because an error of type -19651 occurred.
I do not have the breakout box connected to the card when I'm running the tests because I am in Minnesota and the breakout box is in Arizona...(I'm returning the computer to AZ next week.) I cannot find a way past this error message to enter the new system key. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Media 100 software. Do I need to have the breakout box connected for the Media 100 system to work? Or is there something else we need to try?
I sure would be thankful for some advice. Joyce Woodworth

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Nov 15, 2008 at 10:40:16 am

[joyce woodworth] "Here's a question for Wickham Strub or any other Media 100 expert out there. If you read this entire thread you will see my problems date back to Oct 5th.... after my media 100 card went bad and then my logic board failed on my last G4 Mac computer, I took out my drives, bought a new/used Mac 1.42 ghz computer and a new/used media 100 card which I have now installed on the computer... I have been trying to get it all working... the computer is fine, it says my media on the drives is all saved however after installing the card, running the hardware test, updating the card, rebooting, running the HW test again, rebooting and then trying to run the Media 100 ... when the test on Card 1 (Main)was attempted the message came up: Acceptance Test Failed!, DV-Gear Data Bits Test [137], Part 1: Read: A8 Expect: AA XOR:02 "

Actually this sounds like another hardware problem. Have you removed the P6000 card again and checked the connections between the FireWire daughter card and the P6000 board? Are you sure that you have put the P6000 card in the correct PCI slot for the computer you are using?

Return to posts index

joyce woodworth
on Nov 15, 2008 at 5:19:51 pm

Thank you, Floh, for responding to my question. I have the computer with a technician who won't be able to do this until Monday morning. I wanted to ask you another, however. The breakout box is not connected at this time....could that have something to do with this error? When he has tried to open Media 100 after another reboot he gets this message: "Could not start the application because an error of type-19651 occured".

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Nov 15, 2008 at 6:15:02 pm

[joyce woodworth] "The breakout box is not connected at this time....could that have something to do with this error?"

I guess not but I am not sure. Haven´t used Media 100 i in quite some time, and I cannot remember it if would launch without a breakout box. But as far as I know it did work without it, so I guess you are seeing a different problem.

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
on Nov 17, 2008 at 3:16:03 pm

It's definitely NOT about the junction box. Media 100 i will work just fine without one.

I like Floh's idea about the DV Option "daughter card". It's the small, square card that says Sony on it with a long cable running to the FireWire port on the P6000.

Try ensuring that the card is seated properly or, if you don't need DV, just try removing the daughter card altogether.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]