MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 Producer to DVD Studio Pro burn issue

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danielle DeLucia
Media 100 Producer to DVD Studio Pro burn issue
on Jul 8, 2008 at 7:53:33 pm

Hi all-

I am begging for help once again- this forum has been tremendous help in the past so I am hoping someone knows what is up with my system.

I have a Media 100i system on a Mac G4, and to burn a DVD from that, I usually export my program out of Media 100 as a self-contained movie, import that movie either directly into DVD Studio Pro 4 and burn it, or use Compressor 1st, then pull those files into DVD Studio Pro 4 and burn them. This has worked very well for me over the past 6 months or so.

I also have new system- Media 100 Producer on an iMac, and also have Compressor and DVD Studio Pro 4 on the new system as well. The problem is that when I follow the exact same steps as I do above on the G4, my DVD burns with fat striping across the screen whenever there is movement, which is obviously a huge problem. It looks similar to the same kind of striping you get when a DV tape is going bad or you have clogged heads on a DV deck.

Is anyone else getting this result, or if you are getting good results with these programs, what are you doing? My Media 100 Producer is v12.1.1. Is there an update I should look for? Any info or help you could provide would be much appreciated.

Danielle

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Media 100 Producer to DVD Studio Pro burn issue
on Jul 8, 2008 at 8:28:37 pm

[Danielle DeLucia] "Is anyone else getting this result, or if you are getting good results with these programs, what are you doing? My Media 100 Producer is v12.1.1. Is there an update I should look for? Any info or help you could provide would be much appreciated.
"

There should be a 12.6 update for Producer.

Instead of exporting as self-contained you could try exporting as a DV-Stream, with 0-255 (Computer) colorspace to see if this makes a difference. Not sure what is going on there, though.

Return to posts index

Danielle DeLucia
Re: Media 100 Producer to DVD Studio Pro burn issue
on Jul 9, 2008 at 5:00:37 pm

Floh, you are the best- that completely solved the issue. Not sure why I was getting that result in the 1st place, but from now on I will export as a DV stream to avoid it. I will also get the 12.6 update just to make sure my software is up to date and working properly.

Again, thanks so much. This forum is so much help!

Danielle

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]