MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Rendering AE for M100

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt JonesRendering AE for M100
by on Jul 8, 2008 at 4:33:07 pm

I'm having quality issues with graphics rendered in After effects.

Captured HDV Video via AJA LHe using M100HD 10 bit codec
Video looks great, edited and exported as ref file
Imported into AE8, added overlays and other GX
Rendered out as M100HD with lower field first and the footage looks like it has a field order problem. It looks like it's studdering.

I tried the DVCProHD and Apple 422HQ(i) codecs with different results. Nothing looks as good as my original video.

What's going on? What are settings are other people using to render full screen video for M100HD?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Rendering AE for M100
by on Jul 8, 2008 at 4:48:16 pm

[Matt Jones] "Imported into AE8, added overlays and other GX
Rendered out as M100HD with lower field first and the footage looks like it has a field order problem. It looks like it's studdering. "

Have you interpreted your incoming material in AE correctly (field order)? How do you create your comps? Do you use the correct framesizes?
Do you work in SD or in HD?

Return to posts index

Matt JonesRe: Rendering AE for M100
by on Jul 8, 2008 at 7:02:06 pm

In AE, ref file shows up as 1920x1080, (1.0) separating upper

Comp is 1920x1080 @ 29.97, rendered Upper field first.

I know HDV is 1440 native, but has it been changed by aquireing via HD component?

Return to posts index

by on Jul 8, 2008 at 8:26:45 pm

Sounds good. If you are going in via Component or HD-SDI you will end up with 1920*1080 files. You could try rendering to a different codec (e.g. MJPEG-B) to see if this changes your field order issue. Or you could send me an AE project to have a look at it.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 9, 2008 at 6:12:32 am

From looking at your project file, it seems like your codec setup is not correct. I am not sure about the field order of 1080i29.97 footage, but I think it is upper field first. The source is interpreted as upper, the render settings are set to upper, but in the codec selection (Output Module->Format Options) the Media 100 HD codec is set to Lower field First. I think if you change that to upper field first you should be good to go.

Return to posts index

Matt JonesRe: Rendering AE for M100
by on Jul 9, 2008 at 1:30:22 pm

BOOM! you nailed it. Thanks!

Thanks to you I can now get back to my regular workFloh. I had started exporting QTs with alphas and compositing in M100HD. It worked fine, but I like compositing in AE and rendering native M100HD files MUCH better.

Creative Cow rocks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]