MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Importing QT graphics

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Murray FergusonImporting QT graphics
by on Jul 5, 2008 at 12:38:59 am

I'm having problems importing an uncompressed QT title graphic into M100. The titles come from an outside graphics house and play and look fine in QT player, but when I import them into M100 the text on the main title is very jagged. I'm working in pal, and the graphic file is 1024x576 uncompressed progressive, and going into an SD 16:9 interlaced program. I'm using HDe 12.5.1 and QT 7.4.5. Any suggestions appreciated thanks.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Importing QT graphics
by on Jul 5, 2008 at 8:57:17 am

Your SD 16:9 program is 720*576 pixels (with a widescreen pixel aspect ratio), while your Quicktime file is 1024*576 (which is widescreen with a square pixel aspect ratio). So on import the 1024 file gets converted to 720, which probably is where your problems happen. One thing is that you should check if your Render Codec options are set correctly (it could be that your source file gets heavily compressed on import). Otherwise it simply could be that the scaling algorithms are not optimal for this import. If you have e.g. AfterEffects (or RED or Shake), you can do the scaling there, which should look better than the import scaler. Or you cacn ask your graphics house to provide a 720*576 (but 16:9 widescreen) render of their animation, which depending on their workflow probably would create the cleanest result.

Return to posts index

Murray FergusonRe: Importing QT graphics
by on Jul 6, 2008 at 5:56:15 am

Thanks Floh, resizing in Red worked a treat.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved