MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Power Point Presentation

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob KarsnerPower Point Presentation
by on Jun 30, 2008 at 5:20:29 pm

I have a client that supplied me a completed Power Point presentation and wants to convert it into a video presentation and use it in a marketing DVD. Is there a good solution for this? Using the make movie function in Power Point doesn't work.

I am using a Media 100HDe system.

Any info would be a great help.

Bob Karsner
Destiny Productions

Return to posts index

Maxwell FedermanRe: Power Point Presentation
by on Jul 1, 2008 at 7:10:15 am

While there are certainly other ways of exporting a movie directly from a powerpoint project, here is a simple workaround that I have found effective.

Clients often bring me all types of media presentations that they wish to incorporate into standard-def projects for DVD output. Now that there are so many proprietary slideshow apps (including and besides powerpoint) it gets to be a time consuming hassle.

To save time, I use a laptop to play the presentation, using the dual monitor function to allow for video output from the laptop which I feed to the capture card; creating a new video file. Most laptops only provide S-Video output of video signals, so an adapter may be needed if you do not have a multibridge.

Of course, I would not recommend this practice for programs you intend to broadcast, but I have found that it is a great workaround to avoid frustration when working with new media in SD projects, such as DVD's for corporate use....

I hope this helps

Max Federman

Return to posts index

Bob KarsnerRe: Power Point Presentation
by on Jul 1, 2008 at 6:54:48 pm

Thanks for the advise. I will let you know if I come up with another option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved