MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 shuts down when i import a video from after effects

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carley JensenMedia 100 shuts down when i import a video from after effects
by on Jun 24, 2008 at 5:13:14 pm

Whenever i try to import a clip from after effects into Media 100 my computer shuts down. I checked all my setting and they are correct. Any other ideas i can try?

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Media 100 shuts down when i import a video from after effects
by on Jun 24, 2008 at 6:38:10 pm

Hmmm, "shuts down" like "turns off"? Or does the application crash? What software/hardware/OS version do you use? What are your render settings&codec? Any additional info, like error messages,...?

Return to posts index

Carley JensenRe: Media 100 shuts down when i import a video from after effects
by on Jun 24, 2008 at 8:08:08 pm

The message that I get is the screen goes completely gray from top to bottom and the message says 'you need to re-start your computer' in 4 different languages. We're using pretty old software, Mac OSX 10.3, Media 100i ver. 8.2, and After Effects 5.5. I have no problems getting other clips to import, just the quicktimes that I render out of AE. All of the settings are set to quicktime settings in AE, (lower field firs, best/full etc...) just like our other editor here.

I'm not sure about the codec...

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Media 100 shuts down when i import a video from after effects
by on Jun 24, 2008 at 9:41:36 pm

[Carley Jensen] "The message that I get is the screen goes completely gray from top to bottom and the message says 'you need to re-start your computer' in 4 different languages. "

Okay, it is a "Kernel Panic" you are getting, which is one of the lowest-level crashes you can get on OSX. Usually this is related to some sort of hardware problem.
One thing you should do is to run your "Media 100 Hardware Test" application to see if you have a hardware problem with your board.
As you said V8.2 and OSX 10.3 is really an old configuration, and I cannot really remember what OS, QuickTime and Media 100 combination was recommended there. One thing you could try, though, is to compare your OS and Quicktime (and Media 100 i) versions to a system which is working to see if there is a difference. Plus, it would be interesting to know what CPU/Computer you are using.
And, you should check what codec you are rendering to in AE. Try rendering into the Media 100 i codec directly, and try limiting the data rate for the codec to 6000k/sec (in the AE output module settings).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]