MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media100 suite and boris red not behaving

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris AboltMedia100 suite and boris red not behaving
by on Jun 23, 2008 at 5:38:46 pm

hi all, just implemented media100suite on a new macpro system. I had no luck creating a title in boris red. Media100 will launch red, I can create a title, update it, apply it and then the spinning beach ball of doom appears and media100 locks up.

Any suggestions. Improper install, etc. etc.

Chris Abolt
Motion designer
Abolt Media

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Media100 suite and boris red not behaving
by on Jun 23, 2008 at 5:42:36 pm

Have you set up your "Media Destinations" correctly for title clips? What software and OS version are you using?

Return to posts index

Chris AboltRe: Media100 suite and boris red not behaving
by on Jun 23, 2008 at 6:21:08 pm

Hi Floh,
Leapord with vers.12.6 with red 4.3. I have tried setting up all my destinations including titles to an internal high speed hard drive as well as separating media to the internal high speed drive and titles to the system hd.

Still no luck.

Chris Abolt
Motion designer
Abolt Media

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Media100 suite and boris red not behaving
by on Jun 23, 2008 at 8:36:57 pm

Did you install RED additionally to your Media 100 12.6 suite software? Media 100 12.6 does include RED (renamed and integrated as Composite Suite), so if you installed RED additionally this may cause a conflict.
I would recommend uninstalling Media 100, then look if there is a Media 100 folder left in the Applications folder, and if there is anything related to RED left in there. Then reinstall 12.6, and you should be good to go.

Return to posts index

Chris AboltRe: Media100 suite and boris red not behaving
by on Jun 26, 2008 at 4:46:30 pm

Hey Floh, this is just a mess.

You were right... I had two versions of red installed. I did as you said and uninstalled all of it including media100, all preferences and everything i could find that would be a conflict. I re-installed media100 and it seemed to be working. I can create a title with no issues in red, but when I go to apply it locks up media100. The only success is using the templates.

Additionally, we tried to capture today with HD and SD and are having serious issues. Media100 wont actually let me capture using either acquire or the start function.

Is it possible there is a conflict still happening on this system with previous FCP kONA DRIVERS. I had initially had final cut on this system, but used the uninstall application available to get rid of FCP studio2

Also, we have tested the card and it works fine as long as we don't launch media100.

Many questions????

Your expertise would be much appreciated

Chris Abolt
Motion designer
Abolt Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]