MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

SD 16x9 for output?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim WilcoxSD 16x9 for output?
by on Jun 18, 2008 at 5:48:15 pm

Been given footage shot on P2 that is SD 16x9 (1.2 PAR) Importing to HDe system and want to send it out with letterbox, no matter what I do, its coming out SD (analog and SD SDI) ports as anamorphic. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: SD 16x9 for output?
by on Jun 19, 2008 at 9:20:21 am

Hi Jim,

Put your clips on a 16x9 program, then use the 'Conform Program' option under the Media menu.

There you will have the option to make the new standard 4x3 and set the option of how it conforms the media to 'letterbox'

A new program will appear with you clips rendered as leterboxed ready for play-out.

HTH

K

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: SD 16x9 for output?
by on Jun 19, 2008 at 9:44:52 am

Jim BEWARE! make sure you UNCHECK the box about re aquiring later because if you don't the new timeline won't play and the clip names will be in italics. I was foxed by this and the wonderful Floh put me right in seconds!

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: SD 16x9 for output?
by on Jun 19, 2008 at 1:18:10 pm

And as an additional hint: the Kona3 board/HD Suite can do a SD (and HD) cross-conversion in hardware in realtime, which means that you can play out your SD 16:9 material as a letterboxed version in realtime. Unfortunately the LHe hardware does not have this capability; it can only downconvert HD to SD in hardware without the SD cross-conversion capabilities.

Return to posts index

Jim WilcoxRe: SD 16x9 for output?
by on Jun 19, 2008 at 1:26:58 pm

Hey guys,

Thanks for the info. I suspected it was the board issue, but the docs are somewhat obsequious when it comes to some of this. Is there any any way the HDx board can do it real time? Or is it also software level (HD Suite) dependent?

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: SD 16x9 for output?
by on Jun 19, 2008 at 3:00:53 pm

[Jim Wilcox] " Or is it also software level (HD Suite) dependent? "

The SD cross conversion feature is a Kona3 hardware-only feature. So the HDx board cannot do it. But of course you can do the software conform on all systems.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]