MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

After Effects .xml files import

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark LeGrand
After Effects .xml files import
on Jun 14, 2008 at 11:29:14 pm

Hey guys,

I am using M100 producer 12.6 & after effects CS3. I am having difficulty bringing the project timeline into AE. I exported the timeline and got a .XML file, but AE will not recognize the file as legit file. I downloaded the AE importer from the Media 100 website, but I am not sure what to do with the AE_XML_Project_Importer.bundle I downloaded. There is one file already in the Media 100 folder with the same name.

So where do I go from here. Do I put the AE_XML_Project_Importer.bundle in a AE folder?

Any help will be great.

Mark LeGrand
Pro One Video

Return to posts index

Chris Clephane
Re: After Effects .xml files import
on Jun 16, 2008 at 3:34:04 am

You need to put the AE importer plugin into the MacintoshHd/Applications/Adobe After Effects CS3/Plugins/Format folder.

Restart AE and create a new Project.
You should be able to OPEN the M100 generated XML file at that point. The AE import dialog (once you single-click on the XML file) will show (Media100 Composition) as the filetype.

"Open" and AE creates a folder with all the media elements and a compsition with your edit/timeline in it.

I edit video. I post sometimes.
I fix things. I eat marshmallows.
I play drums. I drink scotch.
I like TV.

Done typing now.

Return to posts index

Mark LeGrand
on Jun 16, 2008 at 8:15:04 am

I tried the suggested steps, but without success. What should be the name of this file, and where can I get it. I only have the trial software that I download and converted to a valid copy. No disc. I downloaded the AE file from the website, but this hasn't worked. I have used Media 100 since 2.4 and I am used to the.m1a files and using them with AE.

This is what I tried

MacintoshHd/Applications/Adobe After Effects CS3/Plugins/Format folder.
I placed the below in the folder

AE_XML_Project_Importer.bundle

Media 100 XML Project Importer

(this was already in there) MediaIO Folder > MediaIO2.plugin

MediaIO2.plugin ( I tried to move this from the MediaIO Folder directly in the Plug in Folder AE3 crashed.)

Thanks Mark LeGrand
Pro One Video

Mark LeGrand
Pro One Video

Return to posts index

Chris Clephane
on Jun 16, 2008 at 8:15:43 pm

1) As per my directions....this the only thing you should have placed in the plugins/format folder
------> AE_XML_Project_Importer.bundle

2) This is for AE 6.5 only !!REMOVE IT from your CS3 folder!!
-----> Media 100 XML Project Importer

3) Don't mess with this.
----->(this was already in there) MediaIO Folder > MediaIO2.plugin

4) This has nothing to do with Media100 AE imports don't mess with it.
----->MediaIO2.plugin ( I tried to move this from the MediaIO Folder directly in the Plug in Folder AE3 crashed.)

You should have only dragged one file.
EXAMPLE:
http://www.digitalsupercast.com/cow/path.jpg

Once installed correctly, you can confirm correct installation by creating a new project, and then under the IMPORT dialog (I believe I said OPEN earlier) selecting one of your XML files. Single click on the XML file and you shoudl see the following response from AECS3.

http://www.digitalsupercast.com/cow/import_dialog.jpg

Any other result means you added something extra, inadvertently removed something or accidentally put something in the wrong spot.

Good luck.
-C

I edit video. I post sometimes.
I fix things. I eat marshmallows.
I play drums. I drink scotch.
I like TV.

Done typing now.

Return to posts index

Mark LeGrand
on Jun 17, 2008 at 9:59:35 pm

Thanks for your help Chris.

I have placed all the plug-ins as prescribed in your post, thanks for the images.

I am able open the xml files in After Effects, but I have new issues. Once the xml is in the project window and than I open the comp, I get this message: I tried three different separate projects to confirm my results.

After Effects error: Error (4) reading frame from
file "/Volumes/Weddings 300/080105 Avril Project
Media/Avril pre-NT2-V300".

( 86 :: 2 )

I am unable to view the comp at full resolution. If I toggle to half resolution than everything previews in the comp. I further tested this by try to make movie at full resolution and received the same error message.

I create a XML file on one of the longer timelines. When trying to import this file I received this message.

After effects: AEGP Plugin Media XML
Program Importer: Assertion failed: lastEffectInfo
= = _null at (module info not available) [0x0]

( 5027 :: 12 )

Any ideas?

Mark LeGrand
Pro One Video

Mark LeGrand
Pro One Video

Return to posts index

Travis Paulding
on Jul 29, 2008 at 5:46:22 pm

Try renaming your source files. I couldn't figure out the problem with this error message either so i started the general fix attempts. Seems to work fine for me.

Travis Paulding
Dir. of Technology
St. Simons Community Church
---
Quad 3.0 MacPro; 250 & 500 GB internal; 4 GB Ram:::
15" MacBook Pro, Dual Core 2.0, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD:::

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]