MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

SD downconverting/snyc problem

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt JonesSD downconverting/snyc problem
by on Jun 11, 2008 at 3:10:03 pm

I have Media100 12.6/Apple FCS2/Adobe CS3 system on Mac Pro running 10.5.3 with the latest LHe drivers.

The goal is to edit HD, displaying it via HD-SDI while downconverting to SD analog component and locking that component signal to a Sony UVW-1800 BetaSP deck while not recording. (EE mode?)

When editing in Medai100 in SD timeline, I get good output from HD-SDI and component analog going into my Sony UVW1800 betaSp deck.

When editing in HD timeline and component video out set to SD component, I get good HD-SDI, but my component analog picture is vertically offset on my beta deck like it's not getting sync.

I'm monitoring the beta deck through it's composite monitor out, showing the character display. The time code character display is rock solid, and does not move. The picture displays vertically offset. It seems to pick a starting point at random and wrap around the top, continuing from the bottom up.

I have a Horita BSG-50 sending black to the Lhe ref loop and another black to my beta deck ref in. Termination is in the "on" position on the deck but open on the Lhe breakout box loop. I have tried looping from Horita to AJA ref in-looped out to the UVW-1800, same problem.

Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: SD downconverting/snyc problem
by on Jun 11, 2008 at 7:53:20 pm

Hi Matt,

It sounds like your Media 100 is set to internal sync. Open the Genlock window and check, if it is not, try setting it to external and see if that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved