MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

boris effects plugin?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian johnstonboris effects plugin?
by on May 29, 2008 at 8:08:05 pm

Hi folks,
I just got done installing a newly purchased media100 producer & boris red
disc. When I go to create a title graphic an error message pops on that states ...

"boris effects suite filter plugin not found: make sure plugin is installed in your graphics folder."

However, I can't seem to find this filter plugin. Any ideas???

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: boris effects plugin?
by on May 29, 2008 at 9:05:53 pm

What software version of Producer did you install? I think there was an older one which had issues. The new versions do install the whole RED/Composite suite automatically, as far as I know.

Return to posts index

brian johnstonRe: boris effects plugin?
by on May 29, 2008 at 10:10:31 pm

Hi Floh - thanks for your reply.

I have the latest version (12.5.1).

*In my applications folder, I have both a media100 "and" a media100 Producer folder. Both contain a graphics and filter folder. Inside them is what's called a "composite suite 4.3 filter bundle" Inside
that is a couple of folders which contain a "compositing suite filter" I'm not sure if this means anything to you, but ya never know.

*Is there any steps I'm supposed to do in order to have "red" used as the default title/comp program?

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: boris effects plugin?
by on May 29, 2008 at 10:24:54 pm

The "Composite Suite" is basically RED, with some additional integration into Media 100. If you only have installed Producer, you should only have the "Media 100 Producer" folder on your drive. I would do a reinstall of Producer, which should automatically install everything needed. And make sure that you launch the Media 100 Producer application that "lives" in the Media 100 Producer folder. If you move the App out of the folder it will not find its plugins (and most of the other stuff).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved