MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M100i codec export fo Avid?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Taplin
M100i codec export fo Avid?
on May 27, 2008 at 1:56:02 pm

This is probably one for Floh...

I have an old project digitised using the M100i codec (M-jpeg 360KB)and I need to export the movies to QT for another company to import into Avid (I don't know which version at the moment).

Which codec should I use for the QT exports? DV perhaps?

Should I use progressive of interlaced (upper or lower field) and which RGB levels 0-255 or 16-235.

I've tested importing back into M100 12.5 (DV codec) and lower field or progressive at 0-255 both looked fine. Would this be the same for an Avid?

Thanks

Andy

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: M100i codec export fo Avid?
on May 27, 2008 at 2:07:42 pm

The safest way is to use a Digibeta deck, play your timeline out and redigitize it on the Avid system. Everything else can cause Luminance, Chroma and/or Gamma shifts.
If you have to use a Data route, I would suggest using a generic codec, like e.g. Animation or PhotoJPEG at a very high setting. Export as whatever field order you have, and as 0-255 range. But be prepared that the import into Avid will take some time, and that the results may be not perfect.

Return to posts index

Andy Taplin
on May 27, 2008 at 2:31:28 pm

Thanks Floh

Return to posts index

Paul Bertham
on Jun 5, 2008 at 1:13:44 am

one more for the data way:

download the latest avid codecs and install (ask the guys which machine they´re using) >>
https://avidtechnology.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/avidtechnology.cfg/php/enduser/...

donwload "mpeg streamclip" at squared5

export a reference movie from Media (very fast)

import video to mpeg streamclip and render it out with the apropiate codec. go for lunch.

it will load much faster into avid because its is native codec.

maybe you prefer to send a two second clip for testing via FTP or seomewhat.

Tape delivery ist the most uncomplicated way (but expensive if you´re in need of a digi beta recorder)

cheers

Return to posts index

Andy Taplin
on Jun 5, 2008 at 7:57:29 am

Thanks Paul

This sounds like a good solution if they insist on data clips. I already use MPEG Streamclip for various things so I should probably ge the Avid codecs anyway.

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]