MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Dual boot M100/FCP

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken SlaterDual boot M100/FCP
by on May 6, 2008 at 8:26:14 pm

I have set up a dual boot M100/FCP system with AJA LH. I have set M100 and FCP on different partitions and they work fine. My problem is Adobe AE and Creative Suite. I get an error message: "The license for this product has stopped working" when booted on the opposite partition to them. Do I have to install them on each partition as well (using both licenses on one computer) in order to have a normal workflow? Is there any way around this?

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Dual boot M100/FCP
by on May 6, 2008 at 11:09:45 pm

You should decide to install one partition first (e.g. the Media 100 partition). Then install and activate all software, including Adobe and Apple stuff. Now clone the partition with Carbon Copy Cloner to the other partition, and your activations should get carried over.

Return to posts index

ken SlaterRe: Dual boot M100/FCP
by on May 7, 2008 at 1:02:56 am

Hi Floh
Unfortunately that is what I did and when I boot the other partition and open photoshop, Adobe gives me the error message about not being licensed.

Return to posts index

Chris ClephaneRe: Dual boot M100/FCP
by on May 7, 2008 at 2:41:43 am

We use Speed Tools Utilities (QuickBack Module) to create the second volume. Our AE CS3 suite works just fine. It has worked for us in the past BOTH on a dual partition and on a dual drive (separate internal boot drives) scenario.

I edit video. I post sometimes.
I fix things. I eat marshmallows.
I play drums. I drink scotch.
I like TV.

Done typing now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved