MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Audio delay

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David IsskoAudio delay
by on May 1, 2008 at 11:01:53 pm

Hmmmm,

Since downloading & installing 12.5.1 HD Suite on my HDe, after capturing HD/SD SDI pics with embedded audio, I have clips that have around 6 frame audio delay.

Using ProRez422 HQ codec like I always have been. Never an issue with previous versions.

Tried all the preference setup combinations without solving the problem.

Any thoughts please.
Thanks
David Issko

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Audio delay
by on May 2, 2008 at 9:59:53 am

[David Issko] "Since downloading & installing 12.5.1 HD Suite on my HDe, after capturing HD/SD SDI pics with embedded audio, I have clips that have around 6 frame audio delay.
"

What format (resolution and framerate) are you seeing this problem with, and what input are you using? I´ve tried PAL 625 and 1080, and it seems good at least on Kona3 systems; I will try it on LHe next.

Return to posts index

Scott_F Media 100Re: Audio delay
by on May 2, 2008 at 1:10:41 pm

David,
Please contact me with your contact information at support@media100.com

Scott F
Media 100/Boris Fx

Return to posts index

David IsskoRe: Audio delay
by on May 2, 2008 at 9:38:23 pm

Thanks Scott,
I will do that early next week as I am not going to be in the office during the weekend.
Thanks for your prompt reply
David Issko

Return to posts index

by on May 2, 2008 at 9:45:03 pm

Hi Floh,

I have been shooting on my Sony V1 HDV camera for the past year in 1080 50i and capturing to the Media 100 in ProRez422 HQ in HDSDI from my 1500 HDV edit recorder. No issues until 12.5.1.

I know what settings I need (not that anything has changed that much in 12.5.1 anyway) and I cannot seem to sync the audio. Easy but frustrating fix in unsyching the clips, moving the audio clips to obtain lip synch, trim the excess and edit away.

Cheers
David Issko

Return to posts index

Murray FergusonRe: Audio delay
by on May 3, 2008 at 11:30:49 pm

Not sure if this is connected to my sync problem, but I use XD SD with embedded audio via SDI, and nearly every time I digitize, I find several clips with out of sync audio. Once I find one clip out, then all the clips that follow will be out, but by varying amounts. Anyway I've just become used to checking the clips and batch re-digitizing all the problem clips. This slows down the process but always solves the problem for me. Certainly beats trying to lip sync everything. It's a shame though because I was thinking that 12.5 might solve my problem. Maybe it will.

Return to posts index

by on May 4, 2008 at 11:49:59 am

Hi Murray,

My audio sync issues just started with 12.5 - never encountered it before but I will be carrying out more tests to see if it is possible codec related. I never rule anything untested out.

Hope you sort out your issues before long.

Thanks for your input, most appreciated.
Cheers
David Issko

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Audio delay
by on May 4, 2008 at 5:40:09 pm

I can't get HD with embedded audio into my version 12.1.1 with the non Intel G5, only SD, I can get the HD video in but not the audio. Am I now to understand that the new version 12.5 will take HD with embedded audio through SDI or will I need the new Intel G5? An audio delay I could manage until they fix it but I need to know before finalising a workflow for the EX1 camera. Anyone know the answer please, maybe Scott?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Audio delay
by on May 5, 2008 at 6:15:21 am

[Michael Slowe] "Am I now to understand that the new version 12.5 will take HD with embedded audio through SDI or will I need the new Intel G5?"

The HDx boards are PPC only, and they take only embedded audio via SD-SDI. If you need HD-SDI with embedded audio you either need an Aja PCI-X board for your G5 or an Aja PCI Express board for the last series of G5s or for the MacPros.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]