MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Master to Tape - Transition Issues

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Bestor
Master to Tape - Transition Issues
on Apr 24, 2008 at 1:55:29 pm

I am using Media 100 Producer 11.5, and I'm having trouble mastering to tape. Even though it plays fine in preview mode, when I try to master a 10 minute slide show with AfterEffects intro and credits to a DV, each time a transition comes up, both the audio and video lag. I'm running it on a G5 dual 2.0 processor mac. I tried boosting the memory to 3 gigs, emptying my caches, made sure no other programs were running, made sure transitions were rendered, tried it in both drop and non-drop frame, and I tried several different DV decks and cameras. Unfortunately our budget won't let us spend much more money to upgrade hardware or software. Have I missed anything? Has anybody else run into this problem?

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
Re: Master to Tape - Transition Issues
on Apr 24, 2008 at 3:12:58 pm

Hi Thomas,

I don't know what is causing your issues here, but as a work around, set your render settings to DV and try rendering a single title across the top of the whole piece to see if that helps.

I'm wondering if this is a mixed codec issue. Were all elements rendered/created in the same codec?

K

Return to posts index

Christopher Holt
on Sep 11, 2008 at 10:22:10 pm

I am having that same problem I upgraded from 7.5 on OS9 which was a solid system for over 5 years with no crashing. Now I have 8.2.3 on OS 10.4 and it freezes up during master to tape. How do you a lot more memory on OS 10.4 or greater? I knew how on OS9.

Return to posts index

Thomas Bestor
on Oct 1, 2008 at 11:12:50 pm

You don't have to allot memory anymore. That was one of the big changes in moving up to os 10. The mac now automatically allots memory like a pc does. So just make sure all your other programs are actually closed (quitting the program as opposed to just clicking on the red x), most of your memory will be used for the open program (media 100). Hope this solves your problem, as I still haven't solved mine.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Oct 1, 2008 at 11:16:45 pm

One thing you definitely should try is to download the V12.7 trial version of Producer to see if this fixes your problems. Honesty, I never saw problems like the ones you are describing, so I am not sure if this is something that was fixed in the meantime.

Return to posts index

Christopher Holt
on Oct 2, 2008 at 5:27:35 am

One thing I was wondering. When I upgraded my operating system should I have upgraded my media drives also? Or does it do it automatically? I have a 250 gig internal that I was using with my Media with no problems until I upgraded.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Oct 2, 2008 at 6:00:35 am

[Christopher Holt] "When I upgraded my operating system should I have upgraded my media drives also? "

Usually your media drive does not need an update. But there are some instances where e.g. your SCSI/SATA card driver needs an update. I am not sure how your media drives are connected to your system, but if you are anything special (except FireWire or internal SATA drives) you should look if there is an new driver or firmware for your storage interface card.

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
on Oct 2, 2008 at 2:06:22 pm

I recall that there were growing pains in regards to media drives when moving from OS 9 to OS X. Actually, I seem to remember odd behavior when only moving from 10.2 to 10.3. I don't have any notes on this but I'm almost certain that my media drives (and those of several Tech Support customers) just wouldn't play nice after updating to Panther (10.3) until the drives were re-formatted.

If you're drives went from OS 9 (9.2.2 I assume) to OS X (10.4.11* at the absolute most) without a reformat, I'm amazed, AMAZED!... that they even mount on the desktop.

No promises here, but I'd say it's definitely worth a try to back them up and reformat them.

*any OS above v10.4.3 was never officially tested with Media 100 i

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]