MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Streamclip settings

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lukkee ChongStreamclip settings
by on Apr 24, 2008 at 2:51:46 am

Hi,
I have been handed a couple of mini dvds with footage I need to edit in Media100 version 8.2.3. The footage is ntsc 16 x 9. On import into Media100 the footage plays jerky(?) when there is fast motion in the frame. Could anyone here recommend settings for Streamclip for export? I would just digitize from a dvd player but the footage has the record date supered and I would rather not have that in the edit. Plays smooth from the dvd player btw.
Thanks,
lc

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Streamclip settings
by on Apr 24, 2008 at 6:10:11 am

[Lukkee Chong] "I would just digitize from a dvd player but the footage has the record date supered and I would rather not have that in the edit."

I am not sure why using MPEG streamclip would change anything there.

Are you using NTSC or PAL? For PAL you can use "Export as QuickTime movie", Codec Media 100 i PAL 720, framesize 720X576, field order Upper Field First. This should fast import into Media 100 i (actually I havenĀ“t tried it with Media 100 i in the last couple of years). There you have to treat it as 16X9 if the DVD is anamorphic.

For NTSC the settings should be somewhat similar, although I am not sure about the 720x480 to 720X486 conversion.
It would be easier if you would be using Media 100 HD or Producer, since you would be able to export NTSC clips into e.g. DV codec and keep the framesize, without the need to convert 480 to 486. Most likely this is the point where you are introducing field order issues.

Return to posts index

Lukkee ChongRe: Streamclip settings
by on Apr 24, 2008 at 2:37:16 pm

Hi Floh,
Not sure about the tech that goes into these camera originated dvd's, but the date stamp does not show in Streamclip which is why I am using it.
I am using ntsc.
lc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]