MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

SYNC ISSUE

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian johnston
SYNC ISSUE
on Apr 16, 2008 at 9:11:23 pm

I'm having a sync issue (yellow box in edit suite lit) while
trying to aquire footage. It will eventually go off but only after clicking off and on "aquire" a few times. Even then there is loud feedback sound before it is ready to accept footage. Once it is ready to work, if I click off either audio box, it will unsync again. I'm using a dvcpro450 deck with machine control. I tried turning on/off the e/e, but nothing has helped. Media100 themselves are useless!

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: SYNC ISSUE
on Apr 16, 2008 at 9:18:53 pm

[brian johnston] "Media100 themselves are useless!"

I think that saying something like this won´t help you much. And your problem definitely is not a general problem with Media 100, but with your deck setup and connections. So instead you should post a little bit more about the things you tried while "nothing has helped", and about how your deck is hooked up.
If you try to acquire material from the deck into the system you should make sure that you only connect the Output from the deck (SDI, Component+audio or whatever you are using) to the Media 100 system. Set your deck to PB mode (no E/E). Make sure that you DO NOT feed e.g. a sync signal from Media 100 to the deck while trying to acquire (no out from Media 100 to your deck!!!), and make sure you don´t feed a video or audio signal from Media 100 to your deck. Then you definitely will not get into a feedback loop, which of course would irritate the Media 100 hardware and cause these relock sync problems you are seeing on entering play/acquire mode.

Return to posts index

brian johnston
on Apr 25, 2008 at 7:36:27 pm

I appologize if my frustration w/Media100 has offended. Unfortunately, there has been more than 1 issue w/them. The m.o. seems to be ... "let us investigate the problem and call you right back" ... the problem is - they never do.

*At any rate, the strange thing about this sync issue is that we've already had the previous edition of media100 installed w/this deck without issue. When you mention using the deck as p/b instead of e/e, I'm a little confused because my decks menu only gives me the option of "e/e or "black" ???

Thanks,
BJ

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Apr 26, 2008 at 8:42:59 am

Usually the Media 100 support is very responsive; they had to prepare a lot for NAB in the last weeks, so maybe they missed you during this time

Maybe it would help if you tell us what deck you are using. Plus, did you make sure you followed the suggestions for hooking up the cables to your deck?

Return to posts index

brian johnston
on May 1, 2008 at 5:31:46 pm

Floh - We have now hooked up the deck so there is no audio or video coming from the computer to the deck. EE settings are off. That has eliminated the nasty audio and video feedback but the yellow video sync still does not come on with any regularity. We have also locked the system and deck with black burst and set the genlock to external.

Any ideas? - we are stumped.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]