MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

new media 100 problems

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian johnston
new media 100 problems
on Apr 11, 2008 at 5:01:05 pm

We just upgraded to the sde 12.1.3 running on a Mac quad intel w/osx 10.5.2

1. I am having a sync problem (yellow lite in edit suite). There is a constant delay before
system recognizes incoming video when trying to capture. Often times it requires
repeatedly clicking "program" then "capture" before yellow lite goes off and edit suite is
prepared to import video. Media100 has no answers!?

2. When I went to create a title/comp clip an error message stating:

"a component has been detected which is not supported by
title suite for openGL accelerated previews. Title suite openGL
will default to off, but can be turned on in pref's. Your systems
video card model is not supported by title suite."

The card is an ATI Radeon HD 2600, which media100 states is more than sufficient. Again, they have no answers. When I turned "openGL" on in pref's I rec'd same error message plus: a "critical testing successful" after running a test on open GL hardware.

3. Media100 claims all these realtime effects now, but they seem to be avoiding me. Even
something as simple as a basic dissolve requires the same rendering as the old system.
Am I missing something here? Can all these issues be tied together?

****PLEASE, ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ASSISTANTS WOULD MAKE MANY PEOPLE VERY HAPPY!****

Brian.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: new media 100 problems
on Apr 11, 2008 at 7:55:51 pm

[brian johnston] "****PLEASE, ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ASSISTANTS WOULD MAKE MANY PEOPLE VERY HAPPY!**** "

Okay, what are the other people ;-)

[brian johnston] "3. Media100 claims all these realtime effects now, but they seem to be avoiding me. Even something as simple as a basic dissolve requires the same rendering as the old system. Am I missing something here? Can all these issues be tied together? "

Hmmm, what format (resolution, framerate) are you working in? Since you are saying you have an SD system I guess you are working in PAL or NTSC?
Everything in the timeline that is blue (like the old FastFX) should play in realtime in SD and HD on your system. You can render a dissolve, buy you don´t have to. It should play back without any drop of resolution and/or framerate. When using "render all" they should not get rendered (as long as there are no effects clips above), since there is no need for that.
Plus, as a test you could throw some clips on the V1 to Vx tracks and reduce the opacity of the clips to maybe 50%; they should play back in realtime also for some layers. ColorFX, alpha channels and other effects should be realtime, and I have no idea what you could do to a system to make it non-realtime.

[brian johnston] "2. When I went to create a title/comp clip an error message stating: "

Title Suite is more or less Boris Graffiti, packaged together with Media 100. Graffit and RED can use the GPU (graphics card) to perform quicker previews, and they rely on OpenGL for this. The Radeon HD 2600 is pretty new, and RED/Graffiti is currently not optimized and tested for it (I bet the Boris guys are working on that), so the TitleSuite does not recognize the card as being supported for the fast OpenGL preview. Still it may work for the fast previews, but even if you turn off OpenGL for TitleSuite you still can work with it and it will give you pretty good performance. The OpenGL support is not critical, and most likely it will work with your card. But even if not you still can work without OpenGL and get fast response, especially when only working in SD resolution anyway. If you don´t want to see the warning message you can turn off OpenGL support in the TitleSuite prefs.

[brian johnston] "1. I am having a sync problem (yellow lite in edit suite). There is a constant delay before
system recognizes incoming video when trying to capture. Often times it requires
repeatedly clicking "program" then "capture" before yellow lite goes off and edit suite is
prepared to import video. Media100 has no answers!? "

What kind of deck are you using? How is it hooked up to your system? It sounds like you either have a sync problem, or your deck is set to E/E and gets a loop signal, therefore giving a bad signal to the Media 100 input. The board then needs some time to reset after the tape starts playing and sending out a valid signal again. Usually you should not have that unless you either use DV/FireWire in or your deck is not set up correctly.

Return to posts index

brian johnston
Re: new media 100 problems
on Apr 11, 2008 at 9:22:57 pm

Hey Floh,
Your reply was very useful. Regarding the E/E issue: We just tried your suggestion, but had no luck. We are using a dvcpro AJ D450. I seemed to get a little better results after hooking up deck control, but still significant delay in sync.
Do you have any other ideas?
Thanks again,
Brian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]