MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Io HD AJA

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed Keijzer
Io HD AJA
on Apr 10, 2008 at 12:40:20 pm

Does anybody know of the Io HD AJA interface operates with the new version 12.5 ?

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Io HD AJA
on Apr 10, 2008 at 12:49:29 pm

No, it does not.

Return to posts index

Ed Keijzer
on Apr 10, 2008 at 1:14:51 pm

What do you think ? is it an option for the future ?

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Apr 10, 2008 at 1:35:25 pm

From what I understand I think the IoHD would be an interesting option for Media 100. But I am not sure if they are allowed to use it (if they can get access to the drivers necessary to communicate with the device). The press releases for the IoHD as well as for the "old" Io products always sounded like these devices were developed with the help of Apple, and I am not sure that they are as accessible for 3rd party developers as the rest of the Aja product line via the Aja OEM hardware&drivers.
Additionally, Media 100 has to evaluate the demand for products. While I think it would be nice to have the IoHD option, e.g. for use with Notebooks, I am not sure how many people would be interested in it, and if the demand would justify the development time and costs. If you are interested in seeing this happen, you should get in contact with the Media 100 product manager and let him know that this is something you would like to see.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]