MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

locked vs unlocked audio? (audio out of sync w/ video)

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Slenkerlocked vs unlocked audio? (audio out of sync w/ video)
by on Mar 27, 2008 at 4:03:03 pm

Hey guys,
I posted a thread on the Canon camcorders forum called "locked vs unlocked audio":

It's following up w/ some previous threads I've posted here about some problems I'm having w/ Media100 Producer v11.6.2 (Intel.)

Through troubleshooting, it seems it may be my camcorders. Stop by and read it and see if anyone has any thoughts.

My previous threads were:
Jan. 4, 2008
Aug. 20, 2007

The only other thing I can think of to try is to see if I can borrow another camcorder from someone on campus that records on MiniDV (maybe a DVX200), record an hour long program, digitize it via FW and see if it gives me the same results. If it does, I'll definitely be stuck. I'm wanting one of those cameras anyway and I'd hate for it to not work either.

Return to posts index

Robert SlenkerRe: locked vs unlocked audio? (audio out of sync w/ video)
by on Apr 4, 2008 at 6:54:12 pm

I was able to borrow a Panasonic AG-HVX200 camcorder so I recorded a 45 min event w/ clean audio and I digitized it into Media100 via firewire and ...drum roll worked Great! I guess there's just something wrong w/ the way my Canon camcorders (XL-1 and GL-1) record MiniDV footage that Media100 Producer v.11.6.2 doesn't like. I guess I need to pick up an HVX200 now if I'm to make use of these workstations.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved