MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

batch RE-aquire problem on media 100 producer 11.5

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matthew zabel
batch RE-aquire problem on media 100 producer 11.5
on Mar 25, 2008 at 7:01:38 pm

The first project we did was digitized incorrectly, using the HD codec instead of DV. the entire project was edited before I got a look at it personally, and saw that the quality was messed up. So all I want to do is re-aquire it at DV quality, but it's simply not letting me. I have the 11.5 version of media 100 producer, there isn't even a regular batch capture in the menu that i can find, just re-aquire. I was going to try to trick it, take everything offline and have it aquire everything in the bin and program as if it was logged, but no. so if anyone can step by step this one for me, it would be greatly appreciated. even though I'm sure I'm following the steps correctly, obviously I can't be or I'm missing something. thanks.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: batch RE-aquire problem on media 100 producer 11.5
on Mar 25, 2008 at 7:20:51 pm

This should be quite easy. Batch capture is named batch reacquire/batch reacquire selected in Media 100.
First, decide if you want to reacquire everything, or just your timeline. Select everything you want to reacquire (all clips in the timeline, or timeline and bin in your project window).
Make sure that your system is set up correctly (hardware settings, deck control and Codec/media destinations).
Then, with everything you want to reacquire selected, go to Media->Batch reacquire selected. There you should see a list with all needed tapes and all clips. Start to reacquire and put in the tape the system requests.

Return to posts index

matthew zabel
on Mar 25, 2008 at 7:58:33 pm

Yeah, it should be easy,but there is another kink.it seems my employee didn't change the reel names, they're all the same. to remedy this, I've changed the media attributes and renamed each reel. But it's still not working. I just don't get it.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Mar 25, 2008 at 8:09:38 pm

Did you change the media attributes for the clips in the timeline or for the clips in the bin? If you change the reelnames in the bin this does not automatically mean that they are transferred to the timeline.

Return to posts index

matthew zabel
on Mar 25, 2008 at 8:17:00 pm

yes, i changed them in the bins and the timelines to the same corresponding names. it's reading them now, just acting like there's nothing to change. when we brought it in with the HD codec, would it automatically revert it to DV anyway, so there's nothing to change to, and that's why it's giving me the big middle finger? that's the only thing I can come up with, and since this older version has the DV slider and it was on low, it's still unwilling to fix it because it's just reading it as DV? I don't know. otherwise it's just buggin'. if so, is there a work around? I was sure when I took the media offline it would just capture it as if it was a logged clip, but even that failed me.

Return to posts index

matthew zabel
on Mar 25, 2008 at 8:11:18 pm

I get to the point where it says the new reel names now in the bact reaquire window, but instead of the "to do" thing , it says done and does nothing. when I just bring in the program offline, it says "to do" but then acts like its working for a second and then dings as if it digitized the whole hour and says done. confused still.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Mar 25, 2008 at 8:50:39 pm

Were the clips acquired with TC in the first place? It sounds like maybe the clips were captured without deck control (and therefore without TC), so that each clip starts at 0:00:00:00. Due to the fact that there is no preroll on a clip that starts at 0 it would be difficult to reacquire them (plus, if they have been acquired without TC they would not match anyway).

Return to posts index

matthew zabel
on Mar 25, 2008 at 9:16:16 pm

that could be, but there is an in and out point not in the zeroes for each clip, so it appears to have deck control. How is the HD codec brought in on media 100 producer, because it came in through firewire the way we acquired the footage.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Mar 25, 2008 at 9:36:13 pm

You can acquire DV/FireWire footage into any supported codec if you want. There might be reasons why you want to do that, but usually you would acquire into DV for space reasons. But e.g. if you want the footage to mix with other Media 100 HD-codec based material and you want to do a self-contained or by-ref export at the end (e.g. for DVD encoding) you would want to stay in one codec on your timeline, and therefore you can acquire FireWire input material into other codecs.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Mar 25, 2008 at 9:37:20 pm

Btw., I would try to log 3 or 4 clips into a new Bin and batch reacquire them to see if there is something wrong with your setup. If this works there is some other problem with your timeline.

Return to posts index

matthew zabel
on Mar 25, 2008 at 10:08:25 pm

thanks for all the input, 'll try your last suggestion to make sure it's at least working properly going forward. thanks again.

Return to posts index

matthew zabel
on Mar 26, 2008 at 12:24:18 am

in a new project, new footage, acquire works just fine as it should, we'll just ave to trudge through the mistake of reel names and HD codec I suppose. thanks again, Floh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]