MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 Intel Codecs-Now FREE!

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David ColantuoniMedia 100 Intel Codecs-Now FREE!
by on Mar 24, 2008 at 4:08:14 pm

Hi,

We've decided to post the Media 100i and Media 100 HD, (and PPC 844/X codec too) for free in the downloads section of the Media 100 Website. You will need to register with your contact information to download the file.

After months of agonizing about this decision, we have decided that the best thing for our customers is to post the codecs for free. The Intel release of Apple computers required a major overhaul of not only Media 100, but all of the Boris FX products too. The amount of engineering and resources we committed was overwhelming and for a small company, very costly. It was for this reason that we considered charging for the codecs. But, in the end we felt it was simply the best Media 100 experience to give the codecs away for free. We hope this enhances your Media 100 editing experience.

Dave

P.S, We've also included the Media 100 Producer trial version in the download, with the hope that you'll take that out for a spin too.

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Media 100 Intel Codecs-Now FREE!
by on Mar 24, 2008 at 7:13:39 pm

Hi David,

May I be first to say thank you for this decision. It will greatly help the integration of Media 100 into new and existing workflows so we can share our productivity with the world!

K

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Media 100 Intel Codecs-Now FREE!
by on Mar 24, 2008 at 9:59:24 pm

Dave,

I understand the trouble you had with this decision. Apple made this whole Intel transition sound very easy, and probably it was for developers of small and relatively new apps, but even major developers like Adobe and Microsoft hat troubles bringing their apps over to the Intel platform. I really appreciate all the work you have put into it, and that you still were able to get new features into the app at the same time. And I agree that releasing the Codecs for free will help us as users of your great editing systems, since it will make exchanging files with companies not using Media 100 much easier.

And for everybody using Media 100 i, the Producer trial version is worth having more than a look at. It really is incredible how much further V12 has taken the application without sacrificing the ease of use and the clean intuitive interface.

Thanks a lot for this decision.

Return to posts index

Michael HanishRe: Media 100 Intel Codecs-Now FREE!
by on Mar 25, 2008 at 12:52:05 pm

Hi Dave,

Just to chime in, so you know that lots of us highly support your decision to release the Intel codecs for free: MANY THANKS!!!!
As others have said, this will make workflow integration a LOT easier and smoother. The best decision.
Thanks again,
best,
Michael

Return to posts index

Thom WinelandRe: Media 100 Intel Codecs-Now FREE!
by on Mar 26, 2008 at 8:23:28 pm

Hi guys,
Thanks for the free Media 100 codecs. We use our 2 media100i quite a bit. With this old system though it takes a long time for us to encode our media100i files to QT.
Maybe someone could help us here. We downloaded the legacy media100 codec on our mac mini intel machine and loaded it up, but all we get in the QT window is a White screen, it does play the audio though. I also loaded the trial version of Producer to see if that would work. It works but stamps all the media100i files with a water mark of Media 100. Any thoughts on what must be going on. Thanks for any help.
Thom
http://www.pixnstones.com
Hope to see you all at NAB

Return to posts index

by on Mar 26, 2008 at 9:33:14 pm

Hi Thom,

You want the Intel Media 100 codecs (the ones that have just become free) to run on the mac mini rather than the legacy codecs. In this instance legacy refers to the processor running the codec (i.e. PowerPC) rather than the machine that generated the media.

HTH

K

Return to posts index

Thom WinelandRe: Media 100 Intel Codecs-Now FREE!
by on Mar 26, 2008 at 10:33:37 pm

Hi Kieran,
Thanks for the info, I will give it a try.
take care,
Thom

Return to posts index

David IsskoRe: Media 100 Intel Codecs-Now FREE!
by on Mar 26, 2008 at 6:05:50 am

Hi David,

Well, with an attitude like that, you have me as a Media 100 customer for life!!! (I'm already a 12 + year veteran anyway and look forward to the next 12 years and beyond)

Thank you to everyone involved at Media 100.
Cheers
David Issko

Return to posts index

matthew zabelRe: Media 100 Intel Codecs-Now FREE!
by on Mar 27, 2008 at 4:13:41 pm

Does this intel codec help us 11.5 media 100 producer software folks? if I download one of the free codecs, is it the same as the intel 11.6 upgrade before 12.1? If not, I should think that would be given out for free too, to stay on par with the other media 100 products. Just wondering.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 27, 2008 at 5:03:19 pm

Hi Matthew,

[matthew zabel] "Does this intel codec help us 11.5 media 100 producer software folks? if I download one of the free codecs, is it the same as the intel 11.6 upgrade before 12.1? If not, I should think that would be given out for free too, to stay on par with the other media 100 products. Just wondering."

I'm not really sure I get what you mean, but the codec plays Media 100 media no matter when or how it was created. The two versions are simply the one for PowerPC computers and the other for Intel ones.

HTH

K

Return to posts index

Andrew MehtaRe: Media 100 Intel Codecs-Now FREE!
by on Mar 27, 2008 at 7:25:10 pm

Good to hear more good M100 news. ^_^
This forum is higher up on the Cow homepage too now isn't it?
Sandwiched between Premiere and Final Cut....;-) You must be proud.

Although technically...didn't the codecs come free with the Producer Trial before? I guess now the trial comes free with the codecs, huh? ;-)
Just teasin' ya'...

As soon as I get a new Mac, I'll probably upgrade. Atm, my old G4s with 512mb RAM won't let Producer install/run. =P Parp.

^_^ Went round my mate's the other day...he's got a Intel Mac Pro running Pro Tools HD 7.4...^_^ =O *slobber*

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Media 100 Intel Codecs-Now FREE!
by on Mar 27, 2008 at 7:29:11 pm

[Andrew Mehta] "Although technically...didn't the codecs come free with the Producer Trial before? I guess now the trial comes free with the codecs, huh? ;-)
"

The Intel codecs were watermarked with the Producer trial version before. A nice big Media 100 logo in files decoded with them...

Return to posts index

by on Mar 27, 2008 at 8:16:17 pm

The Intel codecs were watermarked with the Producer trial version before. A nice big Media 100 logo in files decoded with them...

Well what a lovely gesture, then. ^_^
(i.e. making the codec free and un-water-marked)

Makes it feel like Christmas. =)

I also just got a new flat in London, and a new job, so hopefully won't be so broke from now on.

Merriment all round. ^_^

In fact...

...I might just nip downstairs...

....for a quick go on Christmas NiGHTS. =)

Return to posts index

Mark LeGrandRe: Media 100 Intel Codecs-Now FREE!
by on Mar 27, 2008 at 9:32:03 pm

Can someone post the link to download the Producer FREE Media 100 Intel Codecs? I was having trouble finding it. I have Producer Suite 11.5.1

Mark

Mark LeGrand
Pro One Video

Return to posts index

by on Mar 28, 2008 at 3:52:27 pm

I'm guessing it's the one under the 12+ catagory here:

http://www.media100.com/support/downloads.php#null

Although I haven't tried it myself yet....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]