MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

HD Workflow.

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew MehtaHD Workflow.
by on Mar 20, 2008 at 4:29:38 pm

Can anyone suggest a modest HD setup?
A lot of my peers all use FCP with a HDV Z1.
But I understand, if I got the latest M100, I still couldn't use HDV. =P
Are there any relatively cheap HD solutions that work with M100?
I know HDV is just a codec/DV format, but its got the resolution to impress clients, and allow a tenuous claim to being HD-ready. =P
Or what sort of cameras do you people use, and what would be the best choice when upgrading?
Am currently using a PD150 with M100i 7.5 running on G4s.
Looking to upgrade in about six months to a year's time.
Low budget. ;-)

Return to posts index

Andrew MehtaRe: HD Workflow.
by on Mar 20, 2008 at 4:35:57 pm

Or I guess I could just have FCP on the same system, and import digitised footage from there into M100, and then back out again if need be, via FCP?

I know you've got the Convergent Design thingie...but had feared it was just one-way. And it's a bit pricey too. =P

Return to posts index

Scott_F Media 100Re: HD Workflow.
by on Mar 20, 2008 at 7:13:25 pm

What type of computer are you looking at getting? What type of drives? If you're going to NAB stop by our booth and we can discuss your options.

Scott F
Media 100/Boris Fx

Return to posts index

Andrew MehtaRe: HD Workflow.
by on Mar 20, 2008 at 7:26:34 pm

Probably looking at a G5 or an Intel Mac Pro.
Would love to get a MacBook Pro, M100 Producer, and a Z1, but, since HDV isn't yet ready via firewire, I doubt that's a reasonable workflow. Although I could use my existing PD150 with M100 Producer and a Macbook Pro, I guess.

Storage wise, not decided, but despite HD aspirations, I'll probably just start off with Firewire drives for SD.

I guess I started this thread really, to see what cameras people were using for HD, that worked well with M100. So that if I didn't go for a Z1, what other options were there? Like, I heard a lot about P2, via M100's press releases boasting compatibility. Would a P2 camera be better?

Just wondered what setups people currently had.

To be honest, atm, even a Z1 is ambitious budget wise for me. ^_^ If I had that sort of money, I'd probably get a M100 HDe....lol. But, I have rented a Z1 for specific jobs on two occaisions already, so it's still a nice idea. =)

I guess to really simplify this thread though - I'm mostly asking what M100 setups people currently have, and which cameras they use in conjunction with it, and how well they work with M100.

As for NAB - am based in the UK, and a bit broke atm, so unlikely to fly over anytime soon. ^_^
But since winning second place in the Best of Boris competition (yay!), I've been thinking about what hardware I need to save up for, in order to run my free software prize. =P

Plus I get a new job in the next few weeks, so should finally start receiving an income. =P

Return to posts index

Scott_F Media 100Re: HD Workflow.
by on Mar 20, 2008 at 8:05:55 pm

Send me an email at
support@media100.com
I can discuss some different configurations you may be interested in.

Scott F
Media 100/Boris Fx

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]