MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Can't Save..... File Not Found

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark FrazierCan't Save..... File Not Found
by on Mar 10, 2008 at 3:58:07 pm

An interesting new "challenge" has come to visit my M100. Sometimes (you knew it would be intermittent - those are the fun ones), when I do a "save program" or "save all" (which I do frequently), I have been getting a M100 error that tells me that it cannot save the program because the file is not found. The only way I've found to clear this is to close M100, then re-launch and re-open the project. That's great as long as I don't mind losing all of the changes I made since the last save, but I don't really like to continually make the same changes that I made ten minutes previous.

I've tried kicking the prefs to the curb, but the problem continues to come back to haunt me. The only changes I've made to the system recently was to add a lot more memory and a bigger second internal HD, but this problem is also happening on a project that was started after those changes were made.

Thanks in advance for your help. (Something tells me it's going to be something simple but overlooked by my overcooked cerebrum.)

Mark

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Can't Save..... File Not Found
by on Mar 10, 2008 at 4:04:58 pm

Are you using Media 100 i on 10.4.x? I think this problem happens there from time to time, without a way of doing much against it. I haven´t seen that on Media 100 V12.x, that´s why I guess you are still using V8.x

Return to posts index

Mark FrazierRe: Can't Save..... File Not Found
by on Mar 10, 2008 at 4:47:06 pm

Floh,

I'm still running 10.3.9. Until this issue came up, I hadn't had any problems and was hoping to keep it that way. That being said, I'm looking at adding some other software to the computer (Flash and a couple of others) that may force me into an OS upgrade. When I do that, I'd sure like to feel confident that M100 will still -or "once again" - work fine.

The computer is a Power PC G5; dual 2.5 GHz processors; 6 GB memory.

Thanks for the fast response.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 10, 2008 at 5:32:27 pm

You still haven´t given away if you are using Media 100 i or a newer version. I have looked a little bit into this, and found this short thread about the problem. So it definitely happened already on 10.3.9, and upgrading to 10.4.x will not change anything about that.
The only things for fixing this would be either downgrade to OSX 10.3.something that does not show this problem, or to upgrade to Media 100 V12.x, which I would recommend anyway.
Seriously, there is a hardware option for your G5 system which not only will fix this problem, but also give you a system that would be lightyears ahead of Media 100 i, with the same intuitive UI but much more features. Maybe you should contact Media 100 sales to find out how much an upgrade from V8 to a hardware system that would work on your G5 cost...

Return to posts index

Mark FrazierRe: Can't Save..... File Not Found
by on Mar 10, 2008 at 7:38:15 pm

Floh, your psychic abilities are still intact. I'm using 8.2.3 (it's been a while since the last upgrade.) I keep waiting for that optimal moment between projects to consider the upgrade, but I've usually got a half-dozen irons in the fire at any given time. When I get to the point of upgrading, are there potential problems to watch for, or does everything translate up cleanly?

Thanks again for your help.

Mark

Return to posts index

by on Mar 10, 2008 at 8:10:54 pm

From V8.2.3 everything should move extremely smoothly to V12.x. If you want to try it you could download the trial version of Media 100 Producer and open copies(!!!) of your projects in Producer to see if everything works as expected (in case you use something special in your projects). Just make sure that you really work on a copy of your bins/programs/projects, since once saved in V12 they won´t open in V8 anymore. But you can get a good idea of the performance you can expect using the Producer trial. Coming from V8 it will make a dramatic difference.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]