MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Requiring P2 footage

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Wilcox
Requiring P2 footage
on Mar 7, 2008 at 1:15:09 am

Just getting set up with new P2 workflow with Media 100 12.1.3. Am I correct in assuming you cannot reacquire P2 footage once you have dumped it from your array? In testing, this seems to be the case. Years of being able to reacquire footage from TC source tape, its nearly impossible to believe that this could be the case, so I am really looking forward to someone telling me I am mistaken...

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Requiring P2 footage
on Mar 7, 2008 at 2:18:17 pm

I think when you use a P2 deck or camera as a "player" you can reacquire. When importing P2 files directly you cannot reacquire (like you cannot reacquire files from Audio CDs or other imported QuickTime formats). I think it would be great to have this functionality, so I think you should send your request to the guys at Media 100. Let them know what you want to see in Media 100!!! They are listening...

Return to posts index

Jim Wilcox
on Mar 7, 2008 at 3:12:09 pm

Floh,

Thanks. That's what I thought. Doesn't FCP deal with this issue (meaning it is possible). Does Media 100 have an official "request" e-mail for stuff like this?

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Mar 7, 2008 at 3:18:43 pm

[Jim Wilcox] "Doesn't FCP deal with this issue (meaning it is possible)."

Actually I think if you want to reacquire anything in FCP (be that from Tape or disc) you are going through hell anyway. But as far as I know there is no pracitcal way of reacquiring P2 material in FCP also.

[Jim Wilcox] "Does Media 100 have an official "request" e-mail for stuff like this?"

Not really sure about that. David Colantuoni, who is the Product Manager of Media 100 as far as I know has posted his email-address here. I think he would be a good person to speak to about feature requests.

Return to posts index

Jim Wilcox
on Mar 7, 2008 at 7:03:57 pm

Thanks Floh,

David, if there are feature requests, can we e-mail you?

Return to posts index

Martin Plourde
on Mar 9, 2008 at 3:31:10 am

I'm just passing by here and I know nothing about media 100...

But if you mean re-acquiring footage in the .mxf format, I'm using a good plug-in right now to do that: RAYLIGHT. You can find it on http://www.dvfilm.com

You can transform MXF files to AVI or take HD AVI files and tranform then back to MXF format and put it back on a P2 card.

Maybe this can help. I think, it work by itself with any system.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]